Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

My ProjecTee

In my recent photos the track t nose appears to be taller than the firewall. The firewall is approximately 2 inches taller. Don't forget that a longer wheel based chassis can handle a hard acceleration better than a short wheel based chassis. The longer wheel based car is more stable. I remember a 350 chevy powered austin healy bug eye sprite. Every time the car left the christmas tree @ kingdon air strip, it would head for the wall. The driver couldn't get the car to go in a straight line. Hmmmmm , got me thinking , maybe the car didn't have a posi or limited slip differential. I could've formed a wrong analysis many years ago. Any opinions guys ?

Last edited:
Don't forget that a longer wheel based chassis can handle a hard acceleration better than a short wheel based chassis. The longer wheel based car is more stable.

I think you're right. That's one reason the top fuelers are so stretched out. I know my little bucket, even with the 103" wheelbase is a handful under hard acceleration.

Pretty rail2.jpg

I could leave a stop light wide open with no hands on the steering wheel but the car was so quick I was not able to stay there for long!

5ffbf8b44a317b81989f789d80dfb5fd.jpg 58b2aa8e188eaa07838aacde0715fcf1.jpg My latest purchase , i took the photos from BING. This photo is NOT my actual car ( the color & wheels are identical ).The available light is poor. The car is a lighter shade of blue ( frostbite blue ). My car is a 2021.

It's an r/t 5.7l hemi. Has an 8 speed auto trans with a limited slip diff. I added a carb legal jlt cold air intake , spring tower brace , satin black vinyl graphics , a whole bunch of blue interior pieces & a front anti sway bar. I'll try to take some more photos of my project car tomorrow.

More photos as i promised :DSCN1409.JPG DSCN1410.JPG DSCN1411.JPG The door's corner is finally where it's supposed to be. I got fed up with my repeatedly failed attempts , So i made some radical cuts in the passenger's door. VOILA ! Now i know how to correct the driver's door. I've spent a few months on these doors. Next up is making the door gaps uniform. If fiberglass is a form of plastic which i make cuts into pretty often , does this make me a plastic surgeon ?

Last edited:
I was so happy yesterday after being successful with my door's ongoing headache , I walked to the local store & bought cokes for all my co workers. I had to return to the local store because i failed to buy a coke for myself ..... DUH !! I've wanted to be a car customizer since my early teens. My heroes are George Barris , Windfield , Ed " big daddy " Roth & Foose. My favorite engine swap involved a 1977 Triumph TR7 ( the wedge ) i swapped in a chevy 350 c.i.d v8 engine coupled with a TH400 ( short tail shaft ) auto tranny & a chevy v8 Monza rear end assembly. I was raised around mechanics ( my Holland heritage ) my father & his brothers.

My tr7 was burgundy & it was purchased from a san joaquin county deputy sheriff. It was a hardtop ( fixed head coupe ). If i did an engine swap with another tr7 , i would use an ls engine ( lighter weight than a cast iron v8 ). The goal would be for more power & less weight ( power to weight ratio ).Thanks for all the likes guys.

I lowered my roof by 2 more inches. My windshield is also having 2 inches removed from it's height. I removed 4 inches from my roof & windshield several months ago. So , now i have a 6 inch chopped roof. I'll take some pictures on Monday 3-21-22. Ron Pope is making a custom windshield for me. The height will be 14"" o.d & the width will be the original width .

Last edited:
If anyone who has a rpm big boy body can use a windshield made to fit the big boy body , let me know. The windshield is 14" tall ( not the normal 20"s tall ). I have an extra windshield ( due to unusual circumstances ).. I'll need the cost of shipping. It's goes against my moral ethics to expect somebody to pay for my mistake. So ,let me know guys ( i just want shipping fees ).

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back