Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

My ProjecTee

Hi Raidmagic ; look at my body insert photos on this page. I've already filled in the top 2 corner holes with this sheet material. I plan to also use fiberglass sheets to build my hood. One sheet soaks up 12 oz's of polyester resin. I currently pay $63.00 per gallon for the resin.

I will add some 2oz. mat on top of the fiberglass sheet for strength. I will finish the body insert by removing it , flipping it upside down & re enforcing the backside with more fiberglass mat. The body insert is supposed to hold the weight of 2 adults. Before i remove the body insert , i'll trim around the outer edge. The insert will end up being sandwiched between the top edge of the body & the removable hardtop. I also have plans for my headlight housings :DSCN1458.JPG DSCN1459.JPG I will insert a signal light into the skulls forehead or it's chin. If i decide to use the chin for my signal light placement , i'll just rotate the skull so the chin faces forward. The skull will be glassed to the headlight housing.

Last edited:
I'm supposed to help put it back together. I have a sneaky suspicion , i'll be the only one doing the assembly. Leroy will be the one spending the money.

Yes , Spanky. I'm 75 years old & i value my hearing ability. I also value my lungs ( i have 2 performance catalytic converters ) and air quality. I also have more ," artsy " things to do to my build. I really love what i did to my headlights. I plan to do more with my snake's head cowl vented hood scoop. I think i will make the snake's head the center piece ( so , more details to be added ) of my build. The art part is the FUN PART. I've also re-named my project. It is now called , " SPOOKY HOOPTIE " Spooky hooptie ????? What do you think about that Spanky ???

SPOOKY HOOPTIE . . . has a nice ring to it. :rolleyes: Whatever melts your butter, I guess. Love the creativity. :thumbsup:

I removed the tongue because i thought it was CORNY. The tongue will be split into 2 separate pieces & added to the snake's head. The snake's head will evolve into a U.F.O'S head. LOL !!

I know a young man ( he's in his 40's) who drove around in a Volkswagen bug which he referred to as his , " HOOPTIE ". Hooptie may be the equivalent of , "JALOPY".

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back