Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Need Tube axle how-to

He quit building those in the '80's. They were pretty expensive so there wasn't much call for them. Most of the cars I remember seeing where show cars. Not many street versions.

Ron

Youngster said:
I stand corrected. I was recalling from menory. Guess it's a little cloudy after 35 years. He did have trouble with the heim joint on the axle though. There was some sort of binding going on there. GAB's pic was after the V-8 was installed though. I don't think he ever had the blower on the V-6. Seems to me he had to lengthen the frame for the V-8 too. Again, this is from memory.

This is a discussion, not an argument. You're refreshing my memories of this great little burner. :eek:

Ron

Oh I knew I wasn't really startin' an argument ,Ron I am impressed with your memory though, I can't remember half the thin...gs.....ah...umm...what.....what were we talking about? Seroiuosly I have got short/medium term memory loss, ask the wife & co-workers & friends, I can't disagree with with any of them on that.
Your very correct Ron ,he never did have the blower on the V6(I asked). it was a dummy blower on the 215 ,although a well done one. Thanks on remembering about the binding on the "centering strut". I was contemplating on copying that design. So I'll just use a panhard bar. Yep! I'm a changing the front suspension I have made up,no big deal spring perch is just tacked on....Ron what if the Heim joint could also pivot at the shank?

Close, but no cigar would be my assessment on whether that was a Dan Woods Bucket body. Probably a one of a kind from somebodies fertile mind...or empty billfold. :rulz: Nice job regardless of the circumstances.

DanWoodsBucket.jpg

The CCR '15 body is probably a clone of the Woods version...with or without his blessings. ;)

That could very well be the case. Mike is a very talented guy. not only that but there was another member of the 'Amblers' that was very good with fiberglass. They all rented a building together as a workshop.

This is just a guess but I'm thinking that the 4 bar is traveling in a very shallow arc, where the 3 point control bar is traveling in a very small arc. If this is the case, the two arcs would becausing a bind. I know the stud he welded through the axle for the heim kept braking the welds and bendin

Ron

This is just a guess but I'm thinking that the 4 bar is traveling in a very shallow arc, where the 3 point control bar is traveling in a very small arc. If this is the case, the two arcs would becausing a bind. I know the stud he welded through the axle for the heim kept braking the welds and bendin

Ron[/quote]

:rulz:,that makes sense, thanks Ron.....back to the panhard, not gonna do a watts link on the front though it would work better ,but look to "busy".
Kim

Yup, that's Mike. The last time I saw him his hair was a little longer though.

Ron

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back