Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

New guy in Iowa

tdkkart

Hi all,
Tom From Iowa here, anxiously awaiting the sedan delivery package I ordered from Spirit 6 weeks ago. I know, not a T, but if I limit my questions and comments to the top the doors and below will I be OK here??

This will be my first rod build, but far from my first experience in the automotive fabrication/building/driving/racing etc world. I'm sure I'll have some dumb questions, but I feel like I'll have some good info to add in here and there also.

Not much for pics yet since I haven't received my kit(I hate that word) yet. Today is 6 weeks since I placed my order with Spirit, who told me 8-10 weeks at the time. We shall see, I know how these things go, so I don't expect to see anything exactly on time.

So, at the moment pretty much all I have is a motor and trans. End goal here is a somewhat budget minded, but presentable driver, so at least for the moment a used
stockish motor will suffice. Pulled a Ford 302 and AOD trans from a donor car, added a bit of a lumpy cam and tidied it up and bit.
Wife saw the motor the other day, said "is that the crappy motor that came out of that car we bought??"
So now we wait...........

P.S. Tried to post a pic but can't till I have 10 posts.

Welcome from northern Illinois.

Welcome from Mo. Your all right here all of these cars have the same suspension engines and drive line gauges and more so I am sure no one will complain

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back