Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

New Project in Madison, WI

TPB

rear end 4.jpgt bucket with motor and trans.jpgt bucket rear end.jpgseat3.jpgseat2.jpgseat1.jpgseat.jpgt bucket rear end.jpgseat3.jpgseat2.jpg2013-01-16 16.55.15.jpgrear end 1.jpgrear end 2.jpgrear end 4.jpgseat.jpgseat1.jpgt bucket with motor and trans.jpgt bucket rear end.jpgseat3.jpgseat2.jpg2013-01-16 16.55.15.jpg2013-01-16 16.55.15.jpg2013-01-16 16.55.15.jpgrear end 1.jpgrear end 2.jpgrear end 4.jpgseat.jpgseat1.jpgt bucket with motor and trans.jpgt bucket rear end.jpgseat3.jpgseat2.jpg 2013-01-16 16.55.15.jpg2013-01-16 16.55.15.jpgrear end 1.jpgrear end 1.jpgrear end 2.jpg So I introduced myself the other day with a few photos of my new project, I just joined but have been visiting the site for some time while planning a t bucket build. I will keep posting my progress as I sure have enjoyed everyone elses and learned a lot from their pics and ideas. I just did my seat yesterday, got a back row seat out of a 2000 Dodge Caravan and stripped it down and made my seat. I kept the fold down back on it as I can then tuck a jacket or something behind the seat. I am going to work on the floor mount today so the seat tilts forward as I need to get at the battery under the seat. Thats all for now, will keep the progress coming.

Todd

View attachment 7615View attachment 7619View attachment 7620View attachment 7621View attachment 7622View attachment 7617View attachment 7616View attachment 7620View attachment 7621View attachment 7622View attachment 7610View attachment 7612View attachment 7613View attachment 7615View attachment 7616View attachment 7617View attachment 7619View attachment 7620View attachment 7621View attachment 7622View attachment 7610View attachment 7610View attachment 7610View attachment 7612View attachment 7613View attachment 7615View attachment 7616View attachment 7617View attachment 7619View attachment 7620View attachment 7621View attachment 7622 View attachment 7610View attachment 7610View attachment 7612View attachment 7612View attachment 7613 So I introduced myself the other day with a few photos of my new project, I just joined but have been visiting the site for some time while planning a t bucket build. I will keep posting my progress as I sure have enjoyed everyone elses and learned a lot from their pics and ideas. I just did my seat yesterday, got a back row seat out of a 2000 Dodge Caravan and stripped it down and made my seat. I kept the fold down back on it as I can then tuck a jacket or something behind the seat. I am going to work on the floor mount today so the seat tilts forward as I need to get at the battery under the seat. Thats all for now, will keep the progress coming.

Todd
Sorry I have to figure out how to post the photos more efficently!!!!

TPB
I also used a caravan seat
After I got everything together I noticed the seat went too close to the dash
I sectioned the lower cushion and frame 3 inches
This might help?

Thanks do I just open a photo bucket account then upload photos to that and attach a link to my post?

Yes and it's free. If you're into facebook you can also post them there as an option at the same time or like I did by mistake :confused:. I think you have a nice build going on and I'm sure others would like to see detailed pictures of how you did things and of your progress. Also if you hit a snag along the way it helps others to help with the problem.

TPB
I also used a caravan seat
After I got everything together I noticed the seat went too close to the dash
I sectioned the lower cushion and frame 3 inches
This might help?
Thanks for the tidbit of advice I may have to do the same. I am going to be messing with it in the next few days so I will see.

Thanks again,

todd

There is a thread in the forum and the guy built his own post. It may be helpful if you can find it.

EX JUNK / Jim I love your solution with the hammer. I'm rolling on the floor LOL . Sorry for the jump thread. Todd the car looks bad ..s .

EX JUNK / Jim I love your solution with the hammer. I'm rolling on the floor LOL . Sorry for the jump thread. Todd the car looks bad ..s .
Dino, Thanks for the compliment, I just finished mounting the steering column, I built a mount that bolts thru the firewall, I will post some pix as soon as I can, I have to finish the mounts for the seat and then comes the windshield posts. Not quite sure how I am going to do it I still wake up at night with ideas but will post pix as I progress. Thanks again!!

Todd

By the way your car looks fantastic!! Unbelievable work on the interior!! I like your windshield posts do you have any more photos (close ups and tips on what you used?) Thanks

How much did you have to narrow the seat and where? Looks great. I am curently trying to decide on a seat. I have been told the middle seat from a caravan works with no modification. :thumbsup:

By the way your car looks fantastic!! Unbelievable work on the interior!! I like your windshield posts do you have any more photos (close ups and tips on what you used?) Thanks

Instant message me with your e-mail address and a list of what you'd like to see and I'll try to help you out.

Jim

How much did you have to narrow the seat and where? Looks great. I am curently trying to decide on a seat. I have been told the middle seat from a caravan works with no modification. :thumbsup:
Vand,

The seat was the third row from a 1999 Dodge Caravan and it was 45 inches wide and I narrowed it 7 inches to 38 inches and it fit like a glove. Let me know if you need anything and I will help if I can.

Thanks,

Todd

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back