Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

New Project in Madison, WI

Well here is the latest update, I have the steering column in I built a mount and tapped allen screws with an insert inside the mount to hold the column in place it is solid as a rock, I mocked it up with an old go kart steering wheel I had laying around and it fits me perfect so now I know when I purchase the steering wheel for it, it will be an 11" diameter with a flat dish. I also took the brackets off the seat that allows the back rest to tilt forward they were just too bulky and would have tore up the interior as they were too tight in the corners so I made new brackets for the seat back and it looks way cleaner. I also finished the mounts for the seat and you can see I made a pin with a key on the rear mount drivers side so you just reach under pull the pin and the seat tilts over top of the steering wheel. I just need to get two shoulder bolts for the front tilt brackets as the current 1/2" are threaded all the way thru and although it works smooth I want it to be like silk! LOL I am going to mount the lokar shifter and then start on my raked windshield posts since no one sells them anymore. Thanks to everyone who has given me tips and recommendations, thats all for now I will keep you posted.

Attachments

• seat tilt brackets and pin.jpg
    seat tilt brackets and pin.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 84
  • steering column mount 1.jpg
    steering column mount 1.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 79
  • steering column mount 2.jpg
    steering column mount 2.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 78
It would be great if you got a Photobucket account so that you could post larger pictures and everyone could see your fine craftsmanship in great detail. IMHO

Jim

It would be great if you got a Photobucket account so that you could post larger pictures and everyone could see your fine craftsmanship in great detail. IMHO

Jim
I will do that thanks and I am sure I will be picking your brain a time or two!!!!

steeringcolumnmount2_zpseb8854c9.jpg

I can link it, but don't know how to make it bigger.

That is a lot better, Tod. All one has to do is click on the picture and it is larger, thereby showing better detail.

Jim

Looks like a great build! I went through all your pictures and that thing looks to be a Bad Boy! What are you running for power? Is your seat hinged to tilt forward?

Looks like a great build! I went through all your pictures and that thing looks to be a Bad Boy! What are you running for power? Is your seat hinged to tilt forward?
Thanks for the compliment!!! I am running a chevy sb 383 stroker with a PBM performance block, Scat 4340 forged Crank 3.75, Scat 4340 forged H-beam rods 6" with Brodix RR 200 aluminum heads and Mahle 13 to 1 dome pistons (11cc) with an Erson Solid Roller camshaft 264 - 272 degree duration at .050, .675" - .645" lift - 108 degree L.C. ATI Harmonic Balancer and SFI Flywheel MSD Billet Distributor, Hurricane Single plane intake. Runs like a raped ape! Haven't of course run it in this car yet but we ran it in a buddies mustang drag body for about 60 to 70 passes this last year and it should do the job. LOL I do have the seat tilting forward built brackets that pivot in front with a bracket and removable pin behind the driver side. I used quarter inch steel plate 2" wide by 20" long on the bottom of the floor (underside) as reinforced backing so the brackets are bolted through the plywood floor and the steel plate on the bottom.

That is the way my car is, so much power it's not safe on the street till you get used to it. I think I may change things before summer. With gas prices going up again it will be expensive to drive it

I think you will find you don't drive this car.....YOU AIM AND FIRE IT!!!
Great analogy!!! I know, but I am only driving it a few miles at a time and plan on getting used to it, I had a 1965 Shelby Cobra replica with 630 HP 427 CI small block and it was the same thing but a lot of fun once you got used to it!

I drive a 650 RWHP Gen 1 Turbo Lightning on the streets and you do get used to it. The bad thing is that it makes all your other stuff seem really really slow! It runs on 93 octane.

I drive a 650 RWHP Gen 1 Turbo Lightning on the streets and you do get used to it. The bad thing is that it makes all your other stuff seem really really slow! It runs on 93 octane.
That sounds awesome, do you have any pictures? If it isn't much trouble I would love to see it!

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back