Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

New Project kinda

Tbucit

Well my son had no luck in selling his car so after a lot of thought we decided to jump back on it. The plan is to change a few things that we think we could do better and also build it as cheap as we can, but this doesn't mean 'ratty". I have a bunch of big block parts so we are putting in a 396. We will use a 350 turbo with a manual valve body along with an 8" rear. The frame, radius rods, front axle,and the brackets were made by myself and my son. The body is from Sprit and we will use a round 10 gallon tank on the rear. There a few things that if any one has extra we may be inrested in talking to you about. We hope to have it ready for the T Nats in June. We will try to post at least weekly

The first picture is of the first rear spring hanger and the others are of the new one.
255.jpg

137.jpg

301.jpg

I like your style! Great looking rear spring hanger. Tell us more about the bar stock and bolt arrangement.

Truely a man of my on heart. TIG welds and polished bracket edges. Doesn't get any better then that!

George

I don't want to besmirch your work. It looks great. However, why does the rear look crooked as heck? Is it the camera angle or is it like that for a reason? Just asking here .

Lookin real good, someone was probably thinking that the third member should be in the middle of the spring as far a crooked goes... alls well... looks like you have My (Ted Brown/CCR) brackets on the rest of the rear end, good choice.. hehe Ted ;)

Studebucket said:
I don't want to besmirch your work. It looks great. However, why does the rear look crooked as heck? Is it the camera angle or is it like that for a reason? Just asking here .

Two things Studebucket... one is camera angle, and second the differential is offset to one side (typical)... so there you go!

First off we had a little set back cause my wifes truck had a water leak and that took two nights of pulling everything off to replace the manifold gasket, with that done we got the motor mounts installed. We cut a small section of the frame out so that we could weld the plate flush with the bottom. There will be gussets added to the top. The BBC sits in fine.

Next will be the trans crossmember.

Randall

139.jpg

142.jpg

146.jpg

Nice work your coming along quickly. Did you build that frame yourself?

Thanks for the kind words guys. Geo yes I did build the frames as well as all the brackets the front axle and radius rods, everything except things like the rear end and spindles and the like. We are trying not to get too caught up in a lot of details so that the build can progress a quickly as possible. My son has already had to remind me (old habits) a few times to keep from getting too far off track. :razz:

Randall

Getting lost in the details can be fun and also a build killer. Looks great, keep us updated.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back