Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

New Project kinda

I did notice something I never use any more, clevises both to the front and rear axels (radius rods, I now us only either spring bushings or Pete and Jake type 4 bar bushings, the large one's for the rear (all 3 points, each side) and the small are fine in front, gotta have that give for the street, or things are gonna break lose, sooner or later, guaranteed... been there and done that, no fun fixin later, and what a waste of time and MONEY!

Ted am both glad and sad on your comment, as I respect your advice so I am glad that you take the time to offer your comments. I am sad becuase I really really really really don't want to change the set up I have (guess I'm just lazy) and I also have clevises on the front of my other car. All my other cars I either used rod ends or the bushed four bar ends. I did ask around before I did this with no problem being the answer, but they could be trailered cars or not used very often. I do drive mine when they get finished. I did take a lot of time to insure that there was no binding with up and down movement when we installed these and we do have the frame end mounted using the bushed four bar end. Any chance in your opinion this could work? This is the best picture I could find and it is not very good.

shock2.jpg

Thanks
Randall

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back