Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

New to classic cars! Help with insurance

clamper

Not owning a "T" before, I'm looking for suggestions about insurance. How much should I have? How many miles is a good average for a year? Is it a good idea to use a specialty Insurance Company or my own Insurance Company for my other vehicles? Do I need to look at anything else?

Thanks,

I have ANPAC (American National Property and Casuality Co.). Their specialty car division is CHROME. The mileage cap is 7500 miles. My '37 Chevy appraised at $225,000 and my '25 T appraised at $25,000. My biannual premiums are $431 for the '37 and $147 for the '25. Granted, I live in Florida and our premiums are usually higher but I am more than happy with CHROME.

One thing that I forgot to mention is that I have "STATED VALUE" not "AGREED VALUE". That is very important and should really be taken into account when you are shopping for specialty car insurance.

I insured with Condon and Skelly for several years. $305 per year with agreed value of $17.5k and 5000 miles per year.

I switched to a broker who primarily handled aviation insurance. He hooked me up with a classic/specialty car plan through American Family with the same agreed value but with unlimited mileage for about $260 per year.

I would shop the specialty companies and you local broker. One of them should give you a good deal. What the difference is between stated value and agreed value I don't know. I have agreed value.

clamper said:
Not owning a "T" before, I'm looking for suggestions about insurance. How much should I have? How many miles is a good average for a year? Is it a good idea to use a specialty Insurance Company or my own Insurance Company for my other vehicles? Do I need to look at anything else?

Thanks,

I am very happy with Hagerty. Very easy to deal with and service oriented. In addition, they have a good roadside program (hope I do not ever have to use). I have full coverage on mine. I would highly recommend using a specialty company as they know how to underwrite our "toys". Any of the regular companies do not know where to start.

EXJUNK where are the pics of the 225,000 car?

EX JUNK said:
... 1937 Chevrolet Phaeton...

I remember seeing that car seems like a couple of years ago... my reaction this time was same as last...
thumbs_up.gif
OUTSTANDING!
thumbs_up.gif

I'm very happy with Sneed Robinson and Gerber. Reasonable rates and very generous milage limits.

ACJC

Great stuff guys. It's going to be a great help this coming spring.

thomas:)

Thanks for all the help. Looked at all types of insurance companies and I ended up with Hagerty, they had the easiest on line application and one of the best prices. Thanks again for all you knowledge in picking a good company.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back