Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Newport Hill Climb

benT

Anyone in IN or IL going to the Newport Hill Climb tomorrow? I talked my girl into braving the 2 hr drive from Indy in the cool weather to make it. If you haven't been to Newport for the hill climb it is an awesome event. This is the 100 year anniversary! Loads of early rides chugging up the hill. I'll take some pic and post tomorrow night. If someone here goes, look me with the blue '27 up in the car show area.

Alright, I think I have this photo hosting thing down. Here are a few teaser pics and the link to my photobucket album for my Newport pics.

Newport was a lot of fun this year. If you don't know about the Newport Hill Climb, it is a 100 year old event in Newport, Indiana that is an antique hill climb, car show, and fall festival wrapped into one event. There are hundreds of cool pre-war vehicles and even a few motorcycles that made the climb. The Hot rods and post war cars are not eligible to do the timed event, but there was still about 500 cars for the show only.

Since there was WAY to many cars to photograph, I stuck with mostly T's this year. There were a lot of stockers and my favorite, the T speedsters! The first pics is a photo of my girl who braved the 45 degree cold for 2 hours to get to the show. NO complaining or anything! What a trooper and a keeper!. The link to the album is: Newport 2009 pictures by btgriffin - Photobucket

Enjoy!

DSCF0007.jpg

DSCF0009.jpg
DSCF0071.jpg

Great photos. Looks like fun. Thanks. :D

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back