Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

NTBA INDY Fall Regional

benT

Attention all Mid-Western T-Buckets! The First Annual NTBA INDY Fall Regional is a Go!!

This will be the inaugural event and we are planning on it being a great time! This is an open event to all T-bucket owners and enthusiasts. All makes, models, and styles of T's are welcome. Even if you don't have a T yet, you are welcome to attend as well. This is intended on being family-friendly "get-together" event which will have daily cruises, race and hot rod shop tours, a trip to the famed Brickyard oval, dinner and ice cream cruises, and B.S. sessions. The event finale will be an evening cruise to the event sponsor, Pro-Kote Indy for an open house and free BBQ!

There is no Registration Fee and NTBA Membership is not required. for this event

Planned events include: Daily Cruises, Pro Race and Hot Rod shop tours, a trip to the famed Brickyard Oval, Ice Cream Runs, BS Sessions, and a free BBQ on Sat.

Please see the attached event flyer below and more info can be found at: https://www.facebook.com/events/393198177497458/ and on the NTBA web site.
Inquires can be made to the email address on the flyer.

Please forward this event to all that you think might want to attend. See you there!

Indy2015Flyer_zps3f09090d.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I was born and raised in Indy. Late September can be comfortably warm:) or unpleasantly cool:confused:; take your warm clothes just in case. I hope I can make this one!:D

Attention all Mid-Western T-Buckets! The First Annual NTBA INDY Fall Regional is a Go!!

This will be the inaugural event and we are planning on it being a great time! This is an open event to all T-bucket owners and enthusiasts. All makes, models, and styles of T's are welcome. Even if you don't have a T yet, you are welcome to attend as well. This is intended on being family-friendly "get-together" event which will have daily cruises, race and hot rod shop tours, a trip to the famed Brickyard oval, dinner and ice cream cruises, and B.S. sessions. The event finale will be an evening cruise to the event sponsor, Pro-Kote Indy for an open house and free BBQ!

There is no Registration Fee and NTBA Membership is not required. for this event

Planned events include: Daily Cruises, Pro Race and Hot Rod shop tours, a trip to the famed Brickyard Oval, Ice Cream Runs, BS Sessions, and a free BBQ on Sat.

Please see the attached event flyer below and more info can be found at: https://www.facebook.com/events/393198177497458/ and on the NTBA web site.
Inquires can be made to the email address on the flyer.

Please forward this event to all that you think might want to attend. See you there!
Sounds like a good time! I would have to trailer mine because I wouldn't want to risk the weather to make the drive. We will see as the year unfolds if I can get free.

I am absolutely planning to go! Thanks Ben for posting the info. I assume hotel reservations will be ready soon. Also, thanks for hosting the BBQ. I commented long ago on how sweet a shop you have and really look forward to seeing it.

:) I see a correction on the dates on the NTBA forum: actually the 24th through the 26th...Thursday through Saturday. Ben is already working to get the dates corrected and will be posting an updated flyer soon I am sure.

Sounds like a nice event, wish they had a T show in pa. Only see two or three at a time at the shows around here.

I am absolutely planning to go! Thanks Ben for posting the info. I assume hotel reservations will be ready soon. Also, thanks for hosting the BBQ. I commented long ago on how sweet a shop you have and really look forward to seeing it.

I actually think Dad is more looking forward to doing the BBQ than anything else! He built a custom BBQ/Smoker on a trailer a few years ago, and he loves to use it.

:) I see a correction on the dates on the NTBA forum: actually the 24th through the 26th...Thursday through Saturday. Ben is already working to get the dates corrected and will be posting an updated flyer soon I am sure.

Yeah - screw-up on my part :thumbsdown:- got it fixed and sent Mike the new link so the image can be updated. Hopefully by tomorrow my error will have disappeared!

Are you sure of the dates? 9/26 - 9/28 is Saturday to Monday ... just seems a bit odd.

I'm hoping we can make it...at least for a day trip, if not more.

Are you sure of the dates? 9/26 - 9/28 is Saturday to Monday ... just seems a bit odd.

If you'll check back a few posts you'll see the correction. It is the 24th through th4 26th.

Jim

Hell, Milt does it matter? You're coming anyway right? :thumbsup:

I resent the flyer with the correct dates to Mike in hopes that he can swap them out. The one on the NTBA site is now correct. It is Thurs, Fri, and Sat, September 24-26.

Dates have been fixed and the flyer pic above has been updated thanks to Mike.

Now the rest of you need to get these dates on your calendar!!:thumbsup:

I put in for vacation time today for those dates. I am thinking about bringing my Dad with me (an old time midget racer who would love to see the Indy Speedway museum!). I was wondering, do you think there would be a chance to drive our cars on the IMS racetrack? THAT would awesome!!!!

I'm an old sprint car driver and can envision backing the T bucket into the turn one short shute at a 200 MPH!!!

OR, doing a burnout on the bricks would be sweet! Of course, if we could pull of driving on the speedway, I promise to behave myself!!

Oh, I forgot to add...I noticed on the flyer that was attached above "first annual." This implies that subsequent events are very likely. THIS is a good thing Ben! Yearly events give us all something to look forward to. I hope part of the plan is annual BBQ events at ProKote!!

35 or so years ago, when I still lived there, I attended a rod run at IMS and we got to drive our cars around the track, so I can tell you this: IF we get on the track it will be behind a pace vehicle running about 45 - 50 mph. It's still a thrill just to get on that track that has over a hundred years of racing history. The amazing part is coming off of turns two and four and seeing the long straight ahead; the place just seems HUGE and the turn at the other end looks tiny. Great experience!:D

AmericanGrafitti - Being as you're a Hoosier and a sprint car lover, have you ever been to Lincoln Park Speedway in Putnamville, Indiana? If not, you should go while you're in Indy. It's non-wing sprints on dirt and one of the finest shows I've seen.:thumbsup::thumbsup: I try to go every year when I'm there visiting family.

Meangreen, I've had both my cars on the Charlotte track and the pace car that we were not allowed to pass cruised at 85. However, they didn't say anything about dropping back and then playing "catch up". Those banked curves are a lot of fun also.

Jim

35 or so years ago, when I still lived there, I attended a rod run at IMS and we got to drive our cars around the track, so I can tell you this: IF we get on the track it will be behind a pace vehicle running about 45 - 50 mph. It's still a thrill just to get on that track that has over a hundred years of racing history. The amazing part is coming off of turns two and four and seeing the long straight ahead; the place just seems HUGE and the turn at the other end looks tiny. Great experience!:D

AmericanGrafitti - Being as you're a Hoosier and a sprint car lover, have you ever been to Lincoln Park Speedway in Putnamville, Indiana? If not, you should go while you're in Indy. It's non-wing sprints on dirt and one of the finest shows I've seen.:thumbsup::thumbsup: I try to go every year when I'm there visiting family.

I can imagine IMS would keep people safe by pacing their speed, and this is probably not a bad idea :)

I have actually driven a sprint car at Putnamville back in the 90's. It was never my best track, but I loved the place. There are many good sprint car tracks here in Indiana but this one ranks high. I would agree that even if you are not a "roundy round" racing fan, you should at least go see non wing sprints once. Open wheel racing in general is a deep part of our Indiana heritage...perhaps one of the reason why I am drawn to T Buckets in my older years :)

I'm definately working on the track tour with the cars - I'll let you all know when I know.

Putnamville is definitely cool. We're pretty lucky here in Indiana to be surrounded by some of the best dirt tracks in the world - Putnamville, Bloomington, Gas City, Kokomo, Lawrenceville, etc. Not to mention pretty close to the best in Eldora OH!

I can imagine IMS would keep people safe by pacing their speed, and this is probably not a bad idea :)

I have actually driven a sprint car at Putnamville back in the 90's. It was never my best track, but I loved the place. There are many good sprint car tracks here in Indiana but this one ranks high. I would agree that even if you are not a "roundy round" racing fan, you should at least go see non wing sprints once. Open wheel racing in general is a deep part of our Indiana heritage...perhaps one of the reason why I am drawn to T Buckets in my older years :)
I have not been to a dirt track, but I used to frequent Columbus motor speedway, a asphalt trace, and they brought in unlimited open wheeled winged cars and ran wide open around a 1/2 mile track. Those 750 horse cars sliding around the black top hooked me! That's a cool sport. I remember the rubber hitting the spectators in the stands as the cars slid by.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back