Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

ok i am nuts...right

coachfhs

I AM 6'4" AND MY LEGS ARE CRAMPED. I AM THINKING ABOUT WELDING A SORT OF STICK SHIFT WITH A SKULL ONTO THE BRAKE PEDAL. IT WILL BE HAND CONTROLLING THE STOPPING...DO I NEED PSYC HELP OR GO AHEAD.
COACH

Nope, Just need a longer T-body

YES BUT ON A RETIRED TEACHERS PAY...AINT NO WAY...HAVE YOU EVER SEEN WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT GT

YES BUT ON A RETIRED TEACHERS PAY...AINT NO WAY...HAVE YOU EVER SEEN WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT GT

I have seen handbrakes in Handicapped vehicles but not like your talking about.

My Dad is 6'2" and he built his T using a stretched CCR body. He fit in my standard CCR body T but not having a door made it hard for him to get in and out. IMHO, if your over 6' you really need an extended body, or look for an A body.

BTW, using all upper case letters means your yelling in the forum world.

I'm 6'2" and I fit okay. My left knee is about 3" above the edge of the body. Now, please don't take this wrong, but is it your girth that is causing the issue? While I'm tall, most of it is legs and my waist is 32". In other words, I'm skinny as a rail and flexable. Driving with my left knee up is no problem because that's how I drive my regular car.

I also designed my interior to fit ME, as I'm the only driver. Perhaps you can create an interior that will gain you some space. Of course, this goes back to girth. I always wondered why some guys had tilt wheels in thier T's.

I build hand controls for drivers with special needs, most states have inspection and certification requirements for vehicles with hand controls as well as the drivers of those vehicles. You might want to ask around before you build anything. Just a heads up.
But, yes it can be done, and pretty easily. I've even put hand controls into a 80,000 lb dump truck, and a 49 Pontiac.

No guys its not girth, when I bought this bucket I was so enthused by the looks I didnt even think about comfort, it was the first one i ever even sat in so i didnt really think about it on a short test drive...stretching the body is out of the question...i am old , retired and tired, but i do look cool in it...lol. Oh well i will have to adjust ...been married for forty years so i know all about adjusting and accomodating. Thanks guys.

I AM 6'4" AND MY LEGS ARE CRAMPED. I AM THINKING ABOUT WELDING A SORT OF STICK SHIFT WITH A SKULL ONTO THE BRAKE PEDAL. IT WILL BE HAND CONTROLLING THE STOPPING...DO I NEED PSYC HELP OR GO AHEAD.
COACH

Well, if your close to the school where you were a coach, take it to the vo-tech there, have the guys at the Auto Repair class have a go at it....they could stretch your body, you'd get it done for a little of nothing, and -o- time on your part! Plus you'd help some kids out getting into 'real hotrods'! A Real Win-Win Situation! Just a thought!
Or maybe swap out a body, someone wanting to trade a stretched one for a std....does happen sometimes....

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back