Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Old dude building last hotrod??????????

Welcome from Sweet Home Alabama By the way what makes you think this will be the last one? You never know!! I know I've told my wife that several times and it hasn't happened yet!! LOL

Another welcome from Florida. I also have a Harley Deuce. Mine is an '02 model, all stock 88 inch motor, Corbin seat, drag pipes, and rear lowering kit; I'll probably own it until I die or I get too feeble to ride. Like you, I have been building hotrods, custom bikes, and race cars for over 40 years. My wife asks when will I have enough cars; I tell her there is just one more I want to build. I think I told her that with at least the last three... Lots of great friendly people here, enjoy!:thumbsup:

OK, I joined on 4th of July so New Years Day seems like an appropriate time to introduce myself. Been hanging around about every day getting the feel of the site. I have enough years behind me to know to look a "room" over before I open my mouth. Like everything I see so far. LOTS of knowledge and ideas here......not all I agree with. lol. Been building hotrods, racecars, trucks, vans, drag boats, Corvettes, and Harleys as a hobby for over 50 years. I even built a "rat rod" in high school without even knowing how "cool" it was going to be in 40-50 years. Bought a Spirit car this summer from it's 2nd owner. Neither owner had done anything to it(except cut out cross member), so I have started from scratch. This car is to take the place of my Harley hotrod as reflexes have slowed sufficiently to make riding it not as comfortable as I like.

btw....I live in Branson, MO, (via Louisiana) so anyone going to Nationals this summer needing info about area, feel free to ask.

Oh yeah......I saw very quickly that Mike and I have something in common. We don't tolerate ignorance nor arrogance particularly well. Bet we're not alone. Gets worse with age. LOL

Say "old dude " just came back to this site after some time.
I had a t-bucket some years back and I still enjoy looking at them.
You say you live in Branson Mo.
I'll be there the 4th. of July week. for the 55,56 and 57 Thunderbird show.
I would like to meet with you if your going to be in town.
I'll be driving my custom 57 Bird.
And by the way...I'm a "old Dude "
Enjoy the ride !
Dan Eichstedt

ya ya ya. hello from Oregon, and all that rot.
Now post some photos of what your working on. ;)

Russ

Say "old dude " just came back to this site after some time.
I had a t-bucket some years back and I still enjoy looking at them.
You say you live in Branson Mo.
I'll be there the 4th. of July week. for the 55,56 and 57 Thunderbird show.
I would like to meet with you if your going to be in town.
And by the way...I'm a "old Dude "
Enjoy the ride !
Dan Eichstedt

Dan,

I will be in town and will probably get to the T-Bird show. Cars are about the only thing that gets me to venture to the strip anymore. After 25 years of dealing with tourists, I tend to stay away unless there are cars involved. LOL...dodging lost tourists is what made me park my Harley.

Won't have my T on the road by then and don't own no T-Bird (Corvette man) but will try to sneak into town and meet with you. Keep me posted as to your plans.

Ken

Very cool! Got any pics? My first hot rod was a red '57 Bird. When the tranny blew, I yanked out the 312 and replaced the drivetrain with a 327 Chevy and Powerglide. Ordered the motor mounts from Hebert and Meek. The motor used two Holleys on a crossram. I didn't do any sheetmetal work back then (and couldn't afford to pay anyone), so I used to drive it around town like that with no hood. Scared the carp out of a lot of civilians...

Jack

ya ya ya. hello from Oregon, and all that rot.
Now post some photos of what your working on. ;)

Russ
Russ,

Got no interesting pictures yet. Bought this car "partially assembled" .....did not like what I saw and took it back down to bare frame. Starting to re-engineer and reassemble. Will be taking pictures along the way.

Russ,

Got no interesting pictures yet.

Ya. me neither ;) ;)

409292995.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome to the forums.....btw mountainman you related to mountain man off of duck dynasty?? ;)

Ain't related but lived the first 2/3 of my life in the same town/area that they are in. Had a couple of classes with Phil at La. Tech. And I talk at least 3 words per minute faster than the celebrity mountainman.

I live in Three Way, between Jackson and Humboldt.
Thanks for responding. I guess I missed it but just now caught it in the alert. I grew up in Jackson. Lived in Westwood Gardens till I was nine. We moved to a real house about then out near the hospital. went to the Army in '64 and left in 1970. Came back to Jackson around '72 and went to the Tennessee Vocational welding school out near the Airfield. Had a bike shop on Airways about a block from the original Old Country Store. Went to Texas looking for Davy Crockett shortly after that and never moved back. Our 50th year high school reunion is coming up in June but I won't be able to make it. Still have a few nieces in the area and still a lot of old running buddies. I check the Jackson Sun obits daily just to make sure I'm not in it. Jackson has really changed and not for the good. Seems crime is the #1 inter prize and that is ashamed. Maybe I'll get over there before they plant me. Take care.

George

OK, I joined on 4th of July so New Years Day seems like an appropriate time to introduce myself. Been hanging around about every day getting the feel of the site. I have enough years behind me to know to look a "room" over before I open my mouth. Like everything I see so far. LOTS of knowledge and ideas here......not all I agree with. lol. Been building hotrods, racecars, trucks, vans, drag boats, Corvettes, and Harleys as a hobby for over 50 years. I even built a "rat rod" in high school without even knowing how "cool" it was going to be in 40-50 years. Bought a Spirit car this summer from it's 2nd owner. Neither owner had done anything to it(except cut out cross member), so I have started from scratch. This car is to take the place of my Harley hotrod as reflexes have slowed sufficiently to make riding it not as comfortable as I like.

btw....I live in Branson, MO, (via Louisiana) so anyone going to Nationals this summer needing info about area, feel free to ask.

Oh yeah......I saw very quickly that Mike and I have something in common. We don't tolerate ignorance nor arrogance particularly well. Bet we're not alone. Gets worse with age. LOL
Last HotRod? NEVER! Have to build a backup to that HotRod so when you take it down for Mods, you'll have the other one to drive! Keeps folks guessing...'Nah, I'm not working on that 'OTHER' motor, I'm just driving this one around for awhile'....hehehe....:sneaky::coffee:

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back