Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

one timers

Thanks guys, it's great to feel welcomed and not like your putting people out. I have got to get some pictures of my build on here. I'm constantly looking for ideas. I'm looking forward to the goodguys car show here in October. :hiding:

From my first day on this great site, there has always been a welcome sign abve the door. That's truely a testiment to web and the people here. I too visit many sites daily but this one is and always will be home. Ain't no "fng" here. Just some that took awhile to find us. To all I say welcome, tell me about whatcha doin!! Can I help in anyway?

Ron

Being new to this site and new to buckets i have a lot to learn.
I try to read all the articles i can and learn all i can.
When i find a topic with info that i will need at a later date
i always print it out and save it .
Cause it is hard to find at a later date.
I don't respond to most of the articles because i have not built
a bucket yet, i am starting fo collect parts,but not enough to
post yet.
When i start my build this winter i will post pictures and ask
questions.
I am here to learn.

Thanks to all of you.

Jesse instead of saveing all that paperwork just write the name of the thread then when you want to read it go to the top of the page and find search click on that write in the name hit go and there it is. :lol:

here is my $.02 worth on the subject---i have 2 eyes and see pretty well--2 ears and hear reasonably well--10 fingers and havent a clue what to do with more than 2--:lol:

jdwhip,

That would be one for picking and one for scratching, right? :razz:

sharpmark said:
when you first join a forum, its quite intimidating and if you have ever watched what happens on the hamb to" fng's" especially a few years ago,you quickly learn to be carefull of what you ask or say. someone has already hit the nail on the head by mentioning that you have to join most forums to get access to the info and then if you use the search facility-pretty much every possible question has been asked and answered. having said that if everyone sat back and searched and didn't post anything then you haven't really got a forum. when my collection of bits starts looking like a tee then i for one will be posting more. cheers mark

It can be intimidating when you join a forum,especially when its an overseas forum,because ya dont want to appear dumb,or ask the wrong question.As a member of two others,one being a local one,we get to meet other members,make friends and maybe understand each other a bit easier..cant explain,but its good to see other kiwis on this,and other US forums,although I dont belong to the H*** ,been there,wasnt impressed with some of the attitudes.
Back to being a one timer,or in my case,an eleven timer..I enjoy reading and learning things from other sites,would like to think I will do a bucket one day,just gotta get past the other cars first,and find a hole in the busy schedule,laying up bodies for everyone else,even considering a C Cab body,do you know how much gear a woman wants to take on a rod run..?.:eek:

A newbie's thoughts:
I was writing a reply to many of these posts but it got too long. So I will compress it. I hope it makes sense. If you read the whole thread.. it might.

-Everyone is "serious" in different ways and has different pressures/demands adjusting our seriousness.

-It is always wise to lurk before posting. This is the first world-wide access board that I've been on that is as respectful as this. Intimidation can take many forms, not just mean-ness. I see some of the high-dollar builds (compared to my budget) and think; man... my junk will be safe but embarrassing to show compared to the stuff here.

-miss the "PRE-INTERNET" days...hanging out at the local speed shops"
Many of you folks are very fortunate. The closest speed shop to me was almost 200 miles away (on not so great roads) when I was growing up. No money to get there and buy stuff too. Info was harder to come by and very "localized" so there wasn't much new stuff to know about. I miss being younger and in better health but I love the availability to info that the Internet brings.

-It took a few visits before I stopped twisting my head like that little dog listening to his master's voice on the old Victrola in wonderment. Where's the flaming? Where's the attitude? You mean these folks are...nice? WOW. For the record I was never flamed on the H***. But, that is mainly because I only asked one or two questions and commented carefully.

-Cudos to you, Mike, for not telling us in an off-putting way. I tell my students all the time that it's in the delivery. You can tell someone the time of day the wrong way and they will punch your lights out. Or, you can tell them they are a blithering idiot in a nice way and they will thank you for their opinion.

-"no spell check " If you haven't installed the plug-in...Here's my tip (so maybe this wasn't a completely wasted post)... type your message in a word processor and do all the pretty-ing up that you want. Then paste it back here. That extra time also gives you time to re-think your post before hitting the button.

Buy the weigh. They arent perfect sew dont re-lie on them.

Francis are you sorry you asked the question? ;)
Joe

No I 'm glad I asked the question, everyone on here is friendly and tries to be helpful ( even me, I'm first time t builder) we like to know if we have properly welcomed a new member and made them feel at home here and we don't know if they don't tell us. :cry:

Well.. I, for one, feel welcomed.

I have hotrod buddies that hear about this site all the time from me but they don't have Ts so they don't come on here. But they are very impressed with how I explain the attitudes here compared to the sites they frequent.

By the way.. IF and when I get mine together it will be the only non-orginal T within hours of my town. No gatherings of Ts to share info around home, so this site is golden to me.
So far I've only managed to buy a tee-shirt to assist but I hope that will change soon.

giz .. you contrubute everytime you post. Some thing for everyone to think about. Inspiration comes from many many different sorces.

Ron

Thanks Ron.

For some reason this came to mind (yes, it's a twisted little mind):

If I can't be a good example... I'll be a horrible warning. ;)

giz

When the new guys come around I don't mind answering questions, if I can post a pic of Becky its even better. :lol:

:lol: Every time we answer a question it makes it easier for someone else to search.

Hi Giz, meet Becky.

TJstruck013.jpg

TJstruck012.jpg

See more pics :lol:

Thanks Giz, I'm kinda fond of her.

She dosen't have a sister yet, but the wife wants her own. So maybe someday.

Cool.

I can see why you are proud of Becky. Someday I hope to have my own "Becky".

In some ways I'm glad we have to run fenders here.
Between the messy roads (lots of gravel on the sides of the roads gets kicked up on the road), lots of wet weather and the fact that I'm a total klutz that would some how manage to get myself run over.... well.. you get the picture.

But open wheels really say hotrod.

Thanks, this car has a very special meaning for me. It was my dad's, him, me and my wife once around the block are the only people that have driven her in 20 years.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back