Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Ongoing e-mail issues

Mike

We're still having problems with e-mail addresses. More correctly stated, I am still having problems with some members and their e-mail addresses.

This isn't rocket science, people. The forum software uses the e-mail account associated with your forum account to notifiy you of various events taking place on the forums. As a result, you need to verify the e-mail address associated with your account is current, is valid, actually works and is not refusing new messages because your Inbox is full.

The forum rules clearly state -

u. Effective immediately, all members of the T-Bucket Forums are required to provide and maintain a valid e-mail address as a condition of continuing to receive full forum privileges. The forum software makes use of e-mail communication to provide notices of activity on subscribed threads, of new Private Messages and as a reminder to inactive members.
See that bit about 'full forum privileges'? If I get a bounced e-mail from your registered e-mail address, your forum permissions and privileges are going to be changed.

You will no longer be able to -

view the Members List
use the Friends function
edit your account Profile
use the forum Search system
use the Private Messaging system
edit your Signature
upload images to forum posts
upload or change your Profile Picture
reply to any topics
start any new polls or vote in any current polls
access the Gallery

In addition, you are going to see a Warning message appearing at the top of every forum page, informing you that you will need to provide a valid, working e-mail address and verify that address to a specific e-mail address, before your forum permissions and privileges will be restored. You will need to follow the instructions in the Warning.

Only those members who have an invalid e-mail address will see this Warning message.

I am also seeing a lot of new registrations with invalid e-mail addresses. When you register for this forum, the forum software is going to send a confirmation message to the e-mail address you're registered. You must click on a link in that e-mail, within seven days, before your forum account will be fully registered. If you do not click on that link within seven days, your account will be deleted from the database. When I see someone has registered with an invalid e-mail address, I assume that individual is registering to spam the forum or otherwise cause mayhem, and the forum account is immediately deleted. If you are about to register a new account, double-check all the information you are about to submit. If you make a spelling mistake in your e-mail address, you are never going to be able to complete your registration. And I will have no way of informing you of your mistake. I simply do not have time to try to find ways to resolve these kinds of problems, so your registration efforts will all be for naught.

Additionally, I am seeing some duplicate registrations. The forum rules clearly state -

v. Multiple user accounts on this site are prohibited and anyone registering with more than one account runs the risk of having all accounts deleted.
If you are having problems with your account, do NOT register a second account. Contact me and we will take care of the problems you are having. When I see people registering multiple accounts, I assume someone is up to no good and my first inclination is to delete both accounts.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back