Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Painted!!!

WDP

Hello all, been awhile since I have posted on here. I usually browse everyday and when I'm about to ask a question someone beats me to it and I get all the information I need. I really appreciate all the expertise and experience this site has about our little obsessions.
After a year and a half and 6k miles I finally have paint on my car thanks to some hot rod buddies that got tired of seeing it in primer!
I think I got some pics posted in the gallery if you want to take a look. It's House of Kolor candy apple red metallic with added sparkle flakes. Not a very original theme but it's kind of how I built the car in my head when I was about 14. (60 now!) Anyway I think there's a state law in Texas that says hot rods have to be red! Interior is next

vbpgimage.php

WDP

I like it. Great color selection.Good job betcha like it alot more than primer. :welcome::D:D:D:D

Really nice looking. How is your seating position are you comfortable with the seat inserts ? Never sat in one with inserts.

Yeah, yeah, yeah... good lookin' paint job and all. But the really important thing is you got your Ackerman right!! ;)

For those of us who are computer challenged, how do we find your gallery?:eek: I wanna see too! :hiding::)

Don

Don, I'm about as computer ignorant as anyone can be but I lucked out. I went to the top of the page and clicked on "vBPicGallery" and found his pics. Great looking car.

Jim

P.S. Now if I could just figure out how to post on the gallery, maybe I would.

Wow I think you picked a great color for a really sharp looking ride. What are your thoughts on the upholstery?

Wow, thanks guys for all the nice comments. As I had said I had wanted to build one of these things since I was about 14 or 15 and am really pleased it's finally coming togather. I think you all know what I mean!

Putz - When I orderd the stuff from Total Brian asked me if i wanted to sit in the car or on it, that the insert seated you lower so thats the way I went. Right now I am just using a gel filled wheelchair seat to sit on. It's ok for about an hour at a time then I am ready to get out and unlimber for awhile. If I were going to rebuild today I think I would find a pair of buckets form a small car or minivan or a small bench seat instead and go with that.

Lee_in KC- Seems like the ackerman is ok even though Total put the tierod in front of the axle. The tires don't skip or drag when turning even when the steering is turned all the way to lock either direction and they are wearing even. It tracks straignt and smooth down the road even at 100. You can cruise at that speed with one hand on the wheel ok. I am pretty pleased with that and how the tires balanced out. There is the matter of bumpsteer and I expected that but it's not too bad if I keep the friction shocks adjusted. Think I will go to hydraulics when expenses permit.

Telman2 - Right now I have black carpet on the floor but I am thinking of going with a tan or buckskin color. I believe either color would look good but black is just so hot in an open car here in south Texas. I think a car with black interior is hotter here even in the garage with the door closed!

I had never ridden in a Tbucket until I got mine going and It has been quite a hoot!

Ride safe all!

Sorry WDP, my ackerman comment was kind of an inside joke. I kind of have a reputation as the "defender of ackerman" around here. I also have front steer on my T, using the TP steering arms for correct ackerman. Yours is indeed correct as well. The pivot points for the tie rod are outside the king pins, which corrects for the front tie rod.

Nicely executed hot rod you have there.

Sweet, its looking great. :thumbsup:

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back