Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Panhard bar really works.

iajjpop

I decided to put a panhard bar on my ''T'' [ it has a vega steering box , on rough roads wanted to wander around] After putting bar on it really drives nice now. Before when you really got on gas it pulled to the right,and let up the gas it would pull to the left . Not now, drives straight. I called Spirt Ind. they had one, but didn't know if would fit my T.P.I.front end [perch bolt holes may be different.] I said send it to me anyway . Got it in a couple days by U. P.S. It fit real good , holes lined up & the length was right. A big improvement on how my ''T'' drives.

Yes, my Speedway 4-bar front end came with a Panhard. I disconnected it once to see the difference, and the car was virtually uncontrollable. I do have rack and pinion steering, which is very touchy about sideways movement of the axle.

A cross steer set up,such as a Vega, always needs a panhard bar.

Jim

I've never seen a reason not to run a panhard bar on the front or back unless you have a rear setup like Jim's (ExJunk). They really don't take up much room...

When I put on the panhard bar ,pulling out of my drive I could tell the front end was tighter. I 'am real glad I put one on...................

do you have any photos of it fitted you could send me please.
i have a 4 bar front set up cross steer but the spring is behind the axle, so i an struggling to imagine how to fit a panhard

cheers adrian.

Granted I have quarter eliptic spring set up but perhaps this might help.

Jim

Jim thanks for the photo, unfortunately this would clash with the front spring, i was hoping for a photo of one that works with my set up.

Your car is a credit to you by the way.

Jim thanks for the photo, unfortunately this would clash with the front spring, i was hoping for a photo of one that works with my set up.
Your car is a credit to you by the way.

The principle is still just the same. Instead of where the quarter eliptic springs mount to the axle, think of the mounting of the more common buggy spring set up. You still mount one end to the frame and the other to the axle while keeping the bar as lever as possible while in the static position.

Jim

Jim i understand how it needs to be fitted , but if someone has a photo of how they have done theirs it would help.the spring is in the way onmine, and if i was to come off the springperch it would be very short, i was hoping to find a way to get a larger panhard n there. also with cross steer does the rod need to be fixed to the chasis in the opposite direction to the cross steer?
i

I have taken pictures of my front end with panhard bar , I having trouble getting pictures on computor from my camera . Will keep working on it.

Jim i understand how it needs to be fitted , but if someone has a photo of how they have done theirs it would help.the spring is in the way onmine, and if i was to come off the springperch it would be very short, i was hoping to find a way to get a larger panhard n there. also with cross steer does the rod need to be fixed to the chasis in the opposite direction to the cross steer?
i
I put pictures on yesterday , of my bucket front end with pan hard bar installed....

Is the end welded to the bolt head? I cannot really see how that end is attached.
It looks like it is. Looks like it could be welded to the front side of the batwing also. IMO

The panhard bar is welded on one end to the bolt at the batwing... I questioned the weld to the bolt but it seams to be O.K. I have hit some pretty big bumps & it holds real good..

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back