Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Perch metalwork finished

Gerry

Well guys. The metalwork is all done... at last.
Just need a tidy up and some finishing (and get rid of that blob on the righthand side where the plate meets the side) then its on to primer and yella paint. Last thing is some more caps for the bolts and rework the body so it a nice close fit all around.

Phew.

Beer today as its very hot here.

Thanks for all the comment and encouragement

perchmetalfinish1.jpg

perchmetalfinish2.jpg

perchmetalfinish3.jpg

perchmetalfinish4.jpg

Gerry

Gerry,

I'll be looking for it on Top Gear any day now... Very impressive.

Corley

Before Mr Clarkson steps anywhere near this one he would have to put his children up for collateral. Plus his house, and car collection.
I would rather let the guys on the forum drive it than him. He is a car breaker... cause he dont have to pay
Gerry

Gerry, That is your Toy and no one else's to break... If they want a ride, you drive them, letting someone else drive is a quick way to end up with lots of repairs, they just do not understand the true workings of the beast. Like when to be on the gas and off the gas and then no stress at all... Like hitting a small bump or RR Track with the gas down, or even off, that back lash or pulling can and does hurt things that regular folks don't even give a thought to... These cars are a very big lever in action, so to speak... Plus they don't move inches, like stock cars, they move feet or car lengths in the same amount of time and pedal pressure... So, never loan out the driving, you built Her, You break Her if you must... BTDT :)

they move feet or car lengths in the same amount of time and pedal pressure..

Now theres a man who has driven a lot of different cars.

Keep trying to tell people, the T drives you... you dont drive the T. Same as the Altered. You try and dominate it and it will bite back
Respect your Bucket and it will reward you with a thousand smiles
G

Yes they can be tamed (sort of) IF you totally understand them, and getting to the point where you understand them takes many miles and sometimes years of constant driving... Otherwise they can throw you like a WILD BULL!!! no problem... There has to be respect... Because She is stronger than you...

they move feet or car lengths in the same amount of time and pedal pressure..

Now theres a man who has driven a lot of different cars.

Keep trying to tell people, the T drives you... you dont drive the T. Same as the Altered. You try and dominate it and it will bite back
Respect your Bucket and it will reward you with a thousand smiles
G
Only a thousand smiles?Now what do i do?I've reached my limit i guess.

Only a thousand smiles?Now what do i do?I've reached my limit i guess.

Take a bow and go for another thousand
G

Before Mr Clarkson steps anywhere near this one he would have to put his children up for collateral. Plus his house, and car collection.
I would rather let the guys on the forum drive it than him. He is a car breaker... cause he dont have to pay
Gerry
Gerry,
You need a sticker for your dash like I had in my jetboat it said " Yes its Fast, No you can't drive"
.........ruggs (tank and such looks great)

Real Nice job. Quick questions. Where's the license going to go?--In England, they're very big.-- And do you know what color and what material - will you be using for upholstery? Here in California, for someone with a known name, it's between 4 and $7,000. I know, crazy, ain't it? ---Also, are you going to run a top?

Gerry,
You need a sticker for your dash like I had in my jetboat it said " Yes its Fast, No you can't drive"
.........ruggs (tank and such looks great)

My bro had a '60 Sport Fury that came new with a dash plaque that said "This car specially built for (his name)". Therefore, I suggest you put a plaque on the dash saying "This car specially built for Corley", and then ship it off to me!

Thanks a bunch,
Corley

PS Maybe you could have a bunch of gears tumbling out of the diff cover, as if it had just blown up. Or, how about painting a picture of your face on it? Oh, I know, how about some butt cheeks and some dropping drawers showing the crack. Maybe a huge button on it that say's "Panic"? Oh yeah, I've got it, a little cage with a mouse running around a wheel. . . A propeller? A jet nozzle?? A lawn mower engine connected so it spins when you drive? You could just paint a crack accross the cover... Someone needs to whack me down!

Cory, what have you been drinkin ??? or smokin??? You are starting to sound just like me Sister, the older one, I have another that is 4 years younger than Her, and I am 4 years older than Cory is... She always was a bit different... But I love Her just the same...

a bunch of gears tumbling out of the diff cover. Interesting idea.

sort of looking for something that is clean and symmetrical. Dont want a QC cover as they stick out too much for me.

Coley
Whats your shipping addy, I ll put it in the post today- think Ive got a box big enough somewhere and a few stamps, but you will have to provide your own dash plaque.

Top, interior etc. They are wait and see questions
Gerry

Got the T home and its time to sort out the metal work.

Had to do What I HATE doing and use some Bondo to clean up the curve where it meets the Xmember. No choice really as its a real bind to get in to. So put the goo in and worked it back, then shot some primer ready for a Yella coat to make it look the same.
perchprimer1.jpg

perchprimer2.jpg

perchprimer3.jpg

perchprimer4.jpg

Dont know what to do with all this stuff when we loose the forum, not as if its interesting to anyone other than a Bucketeer

Gerry

"a bunch of gears tumbling out of the diff cover. Interesting idea. sort of looking for something that is clean and symmetrical. Don't want a QC cover as they stick out too much for me."

Sorry for being tardy to this conversation. Try these drawings for some ideas on clean and simple. The flange could be cut by plasma, waterjet, laser or flame. For the hemispherical shape, I'd start by looking at kitchen bowls, although most will probably have a flat on the bottom, and maybe something like a wok model would work. For the domed shape, I'd start by checking something like a small portable air tank. Failing any success with either of those searches, the next avenue might be to make a form and have a metal spinner make one. The buck wouldn't need to be too heavy duty for a one time use.

Just thinking out loud and doodling.

JagRearCover.jpg

Note: Disregard the circle on the dome, it is the tangent point of two arcs and shows up.

Gab
Thanks for the drawings. Clean and well done, as always. Simple dome would work well if it was not for the fact that I want to keep the original one under the new one.
I would get a flange laser cut, probably in 8mm thick so that I could put blind holes in from the back to hide the original bolts. Then use 4 fixings into 4 of the original bolts for the cover. I want to retain the stock cover and put a 'cover' over it.
Gerry

Got it in final white primer. Too windy today to shoot the yellow.
perchinwhite3.jpg

perchinwhite2.jpg

perchinwhite1.jpg

gerry

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back