Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Perch metalwork finished

The whole thing has been sprayed outdoors. Reason is that I am running it raw for the first 1000 miles or so. Then it will be torn down and sprayed in a booth. Also this has shown me where I need to be real careful on build up, that is all the places I managed to dig the paint. On rebuild I know exactly where to be careful to avoid that chip or scratch on the brand new paint.

Gerry

Low and behold the wind just quit so a quick shot of yella and heres the result. When its all repainted it should look quite nice.

perchinyella4.jpg

perchinyella3.jpg

perchinyella2.jpg

perchinyella1.jpg

Now I have got to blend the body around the perch to match it. Probably wont do this till the repaint. Wiring next

Gerry

Turn signals, tail light, stop light, rear fog light and reflectors. Great isn't it.
Gerry

looking great Gerry!!

BTW: don't they also force you to run fenders "over there"? will those be in the plans for the future?

Russ

No swearing on this site "fenders" I can't wait to see the tail light setup Gerry comes up with.Maltese lights might look cool

fenders are required by the legislation but a lot of guys dont bother. You may get a fix it ticket or if they are feeling real mean a fine. You are so right. fenders is a swear word, split cough spit and spit again.

Rear lights. Ah well, now... we are in to LEDs in the back corner of the body at this time. Sort of a bit fluid till I can find something else that might light my torch so to speak
Gerry

here's an interesting headlight assy for your ride Gerry. with all the angle stuff going on in the back, this might be just the ticket to ballance out the front.
triangle headlight assy on E-bay
Russ

Hey there Russ.
Hows things? Interesting lights but a bit too radical for me.
Gerry

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back