Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

please delete this post didn't mean to double up

Jeff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
I thought I should get some opinions on the front spring on my build. I had a 31 1/2 spring that was for sure too long for the job. I measured the center of the spring pivots on the wishbones and came up with 33 inches with the bone mounting brackets in place on the frame. I talked to speedway and they convinced me to try a 29 inch spring in place of the 30 that I calculated by subtracting 3 inches. Ok I put the 29 inch spring in place. It pulled the wishbone bracket on one side while lining up the other side with the frame off by 3 inches and the shackles are straight out to the pivots with no real load on the chassis when i pull the 3 inches to position and it preloads the spring. So I think it's back to the drawing board. What do you think? I seen a drawing in Posies catalog that shows what i have in the center photo as wrong. So it must be wrong? Does anyone have any photos of a wishbone spring behind for reference that they can post here so I can get a better idea of acceptable? Thinking about trying a 31 the 31 1/2 was about straight down. Maybe a 1/4 inch from it on both sides but the bone brackets could be laid out dead on the frame due to no preload. Thanks Jeff

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back