Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

plumbed and working

Gerry

Just got back from the shop and sitting with a Merlot... YUM
Spent the morning running my brake lines. Front and rear. Cant finish the rears as I have nt made the caliper mounts yet. Seem to have a mental block about then for some reason. Any way feeding the front lines up thro the chassis was challenging to say the least. One went fairly smoothly but the driver side had to get over a number of thro the chassis mount. Radius rod, brake pedal, emergency brake mounts (2 OF THEM). It only took 25 mins to fish the end of the line out of the hole in the chassis, but hey, thats what its all about.
Did the connecting thing, bled them and wow a FIRM pedal with about 1/2'' of free play. Getting nearer every day to that chilling first drive.#
As always heres the pics.
lines.JPGlines1.JPGlines2.JPGlines4.JPGlines5.JPG
Gerry

Just got back from the shop and sitting with a Merlot... YUM
Spent the morning running my brake lines. Front and rear. Cant finish the rears as I have nt made the caliper mounts yet. Seem to have a mental block about then for some reason. Any way feeding the front lines up thro the chassis was challenging to say the least. One went fairly smoothly but the driver side had to get over a number of thro the chassis mount. Radius rod, brake pedal, emergency brake mounts (2 OF THEM). It only took 25 mins to fish the end of the line out of the hole in the chassis, but hey, thats what its all about.
Did the connecting thing, bled them and wow a FIRM pedal with about 1/2'' of free play. Getting nearer every day to that chilling first drive.#
As always heres the pics.
[attachment=4746:lines.JPG][attachment=4747:lines1.JPG][attachment=4748:lines2.JPG][attachment=4749:lines4.JPG][attachment=4750:lines5.JPG]
Gerry

Looking great looks like you should tear it down and paint the frame again.LOL

Looking great looks like you should tear it down and paint the frame again.LOL

Thats exactly why I shot it in cellulose. Cheap, and it shows where the problems will be when it gets a final paint job. I make a mental note where I scratch and chip the paint so when we do a final paint job I know where to be careful. Its getting ugly now... but I will have to live with it for a while
Gerry

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back