Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Power Steering Pulley Removal...???

Yes, I see the problem she can not turn it cause her hands are not as strong as yours Mark. That is just what I was looking for Spanky, I looked a little but my photos of the car are not that good. You may make it much better with a U Joint and a new shaft to get it up where you use you arms & hands. Powers steering might help but that is just covering up the problem. Lori may sit a little closer but she still only can turn with her hands and no help from you arms.

file.php

Maybe a u joint mounted under the dash to get the wheel up about 2 or 3 inches from where it is now and about 6 to 12 inches closer to the driver will be a great improvement......Don't get me wrong I love the looks of that car Mark just trying to help.....

Totally agree with lincolnuT. I'd lay money on column angle being the issue. It's way down your lap which might be great for highway driving but no steering wheel leverage for slow parking lot speeds.

My steering shaft is almost vertical. That's not ideal either. If there's ever another T Bucket for me, it won't have that kind of steering shaft. There has to be an ideal angle.

Yes Spanky but yours is a bit higher and longer. But the problem with Marks is Lorie just does not have the hand strength to turn it in a parking lot like he does. Trust me Angel could not turn it in a parking lot either, but she don't want to drive anyway....LOL..

Point taken folks! Love this group!!!

The wheel is in my lap which is why my left leg is not up on the firewall. I am a lot bigger than Tim is, so it never fit me right.

I was planning to change the steering column to a GM, with a turn signal lever and key, this winter, when I rebuilt the steering. Based on your collective comments, phase one will be to do the column and test it. I will continue to investigate changing to a half rack or power steering!

Thanks all!

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back