Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Ray Sisemore T Build Articles

40ford

Well I finally have the articles copied into PDF files. If anyone would like them, please send me your email address and I will send them to you. Due to my limited computer knowledge, it will probably take about 8 emails to get them emailed to you.
Ron Abner

Just sent you a PM, Thanks for doing this.

the Car Craft articles are a bit dated but do give a good overall procedure for building a t bucket. you will also find some great layouts for brackets and mounts in them. some good tips on small problems too. the kirby article, though it's 30 some years old will still build a great car today. if you are researching a future build, include the CCR and total plans and build sheets. i'd like to think the chassis plans i have posted here would also help with your build.

to save your self some time and stree 40ford, maybe someone on here could help you find a hosting site for your pdf's. that way anyone can pull up what they need anytime they need it. al or mike could you help with this?

Ron

If you do set up some kind of ftp host for the files, set it up by invitation only that requires a password you give your invitee. Otherwise the downloads will become too popular, and then you might be dealing with Copyright issues. I'm all for photocopying something and sharing it, but if it gets the attention of someone or some group that has the power to shut you down, they just might.

Be careful.

David

You guys wanting those plans might me saddened to know i tried to forward the files to some people here and they came back to me as to large for there mail server.I also sent some and they went right through.So if you cant recieve larger files then you will just waste his time.

Rick said:
You guys wanting those plans might me saddened to know i tried to forward the files to some people here and they came back to me as to large for there mail server.I also sent some and they went right through.So if you cant recieve larger files then you will just waste his time.

Try using a compression utility like ZIP to make them smaller before sending them. Then the receiver on the other end can unzip the file to restore it to its original size.

A good and free program to do this is called 7-ZIP. You can find it here:
7-Zip

David

RexRod said:
Try using a compression utility like ZIP to make them smaller before sending them. Then the receiver on the other end can unzip the file to restore it to its original size.

A good and free program to do this is called 7-ZIP. You can find it here:
7-Zip

David
I'm not the original poster of these files so 40 will have to.I just tried to pass them along.The zip file still comes up at 55.7 mb long

Rick said:
I'm not the original poster of these files so 40 will have to.I just tried to pass them along.The zip file still comes up at 55.7 mb long

Holy Cow Rick, you're right. 55+ megs is way too big to send email. When you said earlier that they were too big, I assumed they where 5 or 10 megs in size. Some kind of online hosting is the only way. Other than that, burn them to a disc and send them out snail mail I guess.

David

RexRod said:
Holy Cow Rick, you're right. 55+ megs is way too big to send email. When you said earlier that they were too big, I assumed they where 5 or 10 megs in size. Some kind of online hosting is the only way. Other than that, burn them to a disc and send them out snail mail I guess.

David
The thing is i got them just fine.I have the premium Yahell though.

these are all published articles and it's my understanding they are public domain. there fore there should not be a problem with an open pdf.

Ron

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back