Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Rear shock mounts

If he would have mounted them in front of the rear end and painted them flat Black, hardly anyone would have noticed them, they will still do their job with up and down motion just fine, and will be a softer ride all around, compared to the bottom mount out closer to the rear wheel, which would have moved the frame every time the tires hit most ANYTHING, so they now just have less leverage in that respect... and folks, Please make your Panhard bars as long as will fit into the area (outside the frame on one side and close to the wheel on the other side... and as level as possible when loaded ready to ride! :)

Since this is an open forum and I have little mechanical knowledge (I do have 3 or 4 friends who are mechanics who are helping me build my car) are there any safety concerns for the driver/passenger and then that would also bring up the general public too? My daddy always told me there is no such thing as a stupid question.

Since this is an open forum and I have little mechanical knowledge (I do have 3 or 4 friends who are mechanics who are helping me build my car) are there any safety concerns for the driver/passenger and then that would also bring up the general public too? My daddy always told me there is no such thing as a stupid question.
One i found particular to the Bucket is "Dont put your arm to far out side the car"(Those tires in the back EAT arms.)

One i found particular to the Bucket is "Dont put your arm to far out side the car"(Those tires in the back EAT arms.)

Just like at Disneyland, "Keep your arms and legs inside the ride at all times." :jester:

If the coil springs would have been mounted behind or in front of the axle the car would sit much lower. As for the shocks ..... well at least paint them black so they don't show as much.

This is a good example of why some builders need a forum like this one, to ask questions before hand.

Ron

I always try and get the self builders to think of the nut cracker affect, how does a nut cracker work?? where you place the nut, will make all the difference in the world as far as the power it takes to crack it... Same goes for springs and shocks on a light weight car, or even a heavy car for that matter, it all works out the same... The lighter the car, the farther forward of the rear axle, the better the ride... :) It is all a matter of leverage...

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back