Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

red baron for sale

red baron link

pretty cool looking bucket
Guess who really built most of this car, including the fake guns on each side?? Your's truly, back in the days when I had dark hair.. hehe That radiator shell is a steel unit I made to take a mold from to build them out of fiberglass for a production T Roadster I was building with my Partner in 84... That car had a exposed round Alum fuel tank and no bed when first built, and it was built for show only at that time... Time to collect what is still owed me... Thanks for finding it. :)

Guess who really built most of this car, including the fake guns on each side?? Your's truly, back in the days when I had dark hair.. hehe That radiator shell is a steel unit I made to take a mold from to build them out of fiberglass for a production T Roadster I was building with my Partner in 84... That car had a exposed round Alum fuel tank and no bed when first built, and it was built for show only at that time... Time to collect what is still owed me... Thanks for finding it. :)

I though that I recognized that front spring setup as being yours. Good luck on the collecting! :wall:

so how was that top made??

Russ

Kinda had a feeling you may have had a hand in this. Did you get any residuals from the model kit.... bet not
Gerry

Yes you are all right, this was not to look like the first car, it was it's big Brother, so to speak... :)
The original car was built by Chuck Miller in Ecorse Mi.He still has the car in his new shop about 10 miles from my house.I used to go to his shop just to see in the windows what he was up to.Heres is how it got built.Then, that Bob Larivee of Promotions, Inc., approached Monogram with a proposal to build a full size Red Baron Roadster. With Monograms blessings the car was then built by Chuck Miller of Styline Custom in Michigan. The car cost $10,000.00 to build at the time and features a stock 1968 Pontiac OHC 6-cylinder engine and a Pontiac automatic transmission. The car won The Oakland Roadster Sweepstakes that year. Two other Red Barons have been built by Jay Orburg since then.

Thanks guys for filling in the gaps so to speak. I have the model of the 6 cylinder Red Baron out in the garage somewhere that I have owned since I was a school kid and it was the first Bucket that I sort of fell in love with. So glad to now know a wee bit of history behind the car.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back