Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Research before and during your build

rubicon

Before I started my build, I went on line and looked at as many different T buckets as I could find. I went to two T bucket nationals. One in Illinois and one in Wisconsin. Took alot of pictures and talked to several people about thier cars. When taking pictures, what I missed was the small details. Close ups of how the tops were held on, how front break lines were run. Wiring, tire and wheel size. If you see something you like ask the owner. Everyone I talked to was very nice and helpful. I kept forgetting about the details on some items. Make a list so you don't make the same mistake I did. Hope this helps new guys building for the first time.

That is a good idea, and good info to pass along. Most folks are more than willing to discuss their build.

I wish there were more Buckets around where I live to do this with. However, I'm kind of glad there aren't because I will be about the only one around when I'm done. I have supplemented with pictures online...

Amen.

I'll add my Amen to the chorus. I was trying to design and build one, when the closest I've ever been to one is passing one going the other direction on I-75

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back