Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Restart my 27T build

Gave 3 carpenters a ride this afternoon. Got the speedo connected. 0-50 in no time. Tires don't break loose. Put a shift kit in tranny...really crisp at about 40. Milder when I don't hit it.

My wife's comment.......Oh My God that thing is scary fast..........Front lifts and tires chirp when it shifts from 1st to 2nd. Haven't gotten it to 60 yet because it scares me. Drives and brakes straight.

Yes, never will even try for 135. Can't do 60 yet since I only drive it in the sub-division doing tests. Once I get real seats, not the chair cushions I'm using now, and seat belts I'll be OK with 60 to 70 mph. But at first, the open wheel experience and the acceleration these beasts have is a bit scary for an old guy.

Very close to finished. Just need to lay carpet and do a real tune-up.

Attachments

• Done27T.jpg
    Done27T.jpg
    705.1 KB · Views: 58
That R Snazzzzzzy!

About 90 hit the gas and made a cloud of smoke. Decided I didn't need all that power so I sold the motor and supercharger as a unit, and put a 300hp chevy in it.

Have tacked up under car exhaust and will get it welded soon. Did title transfer last Friday. Might be able to get it licensed late this next week. Now if I could just get that carb adjusted right. Knew how to do it 45 years ago but forgot how we did it. Will just take some time for that memory to come back. Drives great.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back