Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Restart my 27T build

Update...got windshield and drive shaft. Body and misc parts at the paint shop. All wiring laid in place ready for end connections and splices. Only big thing left to order is the interior; seat insert, carpet and door panels from Spirit. Getting close guys.

Got painted body. now it's time for final wiring hookups and assembly. Will have some pics soon. Hope to have it running by July 4th. Then, get the interior, exhaust system and........license.

Here's where I am now. Ready for final hookups and assembly.

100_1038.jpg

Bill have you thought about inserts for your lakes headers? I did that on my dirt t and it was supper clean under the car.I built my lakes headers and the inserts. If you would like I'll send you a how to. Only thing i wish i had done was put a turn out on the insert.

Did first drive last night. Runs great, everything works. Just let it idle around the neighborhood. Will try throttle today. Very lightly at first.

Drove again with throttle connected. Tranny didn't shift but it is low on fluid so that might be the only issue there. Fan switch worked all the time during testing. Failed last night so hot temp blew lots of water through the overflow tank. Have a small brake line leak at a coupling under the body. Getting closer to license time. Will get some pics and video soon.

Drove again with throttle connected. Tranny didn't shift but it is low on fluid so that might be the only issue there. Fan switch worked all the time during testing. Failed last night so hot temp blew lots of water through the overflow tank. Have a small brake line leak at a coupling under the body. Getting closer to license time. Will get some pics and video soon.
Yep always seems to be something, you say fan switch, if you are talking about the temp sender, sometimes they wont work if you get an air bubble in the block when filling the coolant system.

Car was overheating so wired fan to run all the time. Ended up was thermostat so changed it today. No more hot running. Have driven it about 5 miles around the neighborhood. Tranny shifted today when I got up to speed. Took brother-in-law for a ride...my first passenger. Lots of small things to do now.

Car was overheating so wired fan to run all the time. Ended up was thermostat so changed it today. No more hot running. Have driven it about 5 miles around the neighborhood. Tranny shifted today when I got up to speed. Took brother-in-law for a ride...my first passenger. Lots of small things to do now.

Brother in laws are real good people to take out on the first trial run! I think maybe the mother in law could have only been better!

Engine sat for about a year. Running good now but some gaskets leaking. Get one solved, see another one. Looks like it's leaking oil from front engine gasket at top of engine. A good winter project.

Another test drive yesterday with my step son who is attending Northern Ohio U to get a degree in High Performance Auto Tech. He'll be on an ARCA race pit crew this next season. Back to my Rod. Each time I take it out I try a bit more. That thing is scary fast!!!!! The tires hook up good!!! Never been in anything like that. I'm guessing 0-60 in less that 4 sec and about 160 ft. Like some of you have said, watching those open wheels do their thing is mesmerizing. Can't wait to finish up some small stuff, get the interior and licensed. This next summer is gonna be a lot of fun.

Looks like radiator has a pin-hole leak at the top hose neck. Gonna be messy taking it all apart now. Has trans cooler in bottom of radiator. Sure hope it warms up soon. Can't do this in the garage. Gotta take it out to the street. More room and I don't care so much about leaking some oil.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back