Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Restart my 27T build

What a find!!! My wife's friend's husband used to paint cars and still does on occasion. He has a paint shop setup in his barn. He'll shoot my paint and we'll do the prep together. He'll earn some $$$$ and I'll get some experience. Should have this thing on the road by summer.......I hope.

Getting main harness and panel assembled. Wires run, not connected yet. Looks like an electric rainbow.

Dash_Harness.jpg

Getting main harness and panel assembled. Wires run, not connected yet. Looks like an electric rainbow.

Dash_Harness.jpg

Looks like you did a great job making it nice and neat!! Where are you going to mount it? What is that white strip to the left side of the board by the wires?

What you see in the pic all mounts under the dash. Steering column, brake switch, Hi/Low switch, Body harness, engine harness, dash panel gauges and switches and connections to the main panel. The white strip is a terminal block. The body is connected to the chassis and engine with connectors so I can disconnect and remove the body if need be without undoing any wiring. Next pic will be with all the connectors installed. If you like I can send you all the drawings.

Nice work, What type of connectors are you using? I prefer weatherpack but i also get them very cheap. Are you using a bulkhead connector?

I'm using Tyco bulkhead connectors for chassis and engine; 14-pin and 9-pin respectively. These are not the weatherpack type but they are oil and gasoline proof. I figured that I would not be driving this car in any bad weather. I can send you part numbers if interested. I plan to put all of my electric system drawings and wiring lists into a manual that I will gladly send to anyone who wants one.

I get my supplies from Waytek Wire. The reason I use weatherpak connectors is because most of the cars I build are usually only used for car shows and sit most of the year in a garage that is usually high in humidity. Found this problem out the hard way. as for the bulkhead connectors I usually seal the open areas with electrical sealant instead of paying the high price for the sealed ones. I am interested in the ones you are using and where you got them. I am also interested in your manual just to see how others wire their fuse box and run the grounds. I have only scratch wired 5 or so vehicles and mostly use preterminated fuse blocks and configure them for my use.

What you see in the pic all mounts under the dash. Steering column, brake switch, Hi/Low switch, Body harness, engine harness, dash panel gauges and switches and connections to the main panel. The white strip is a terminal block. The body is connected to the chassis and engine with connectors so I can disconnect and remove the body if need be without undoing any wiring. Next pic will be with all the connectors installed. If you like I can send you all the drawings.

Yes that would be great! Thanks! Can you also send the part numbers to the bulkhead connectors you used and where you picked them up at? I like your idea about using the connectors to make it easier to remove the body if needed.

Mike, send me a message with your mailing address. I'll send you a complete set of drawings, specs and wire lists. This is all based on the 27T which I believe you are building. I'll probably be surprised myself when I see how many documents there really are in the package.

Well, mine is a 23, but I love the connector idea and would be more than interested in all the info. Electrisical is a black art, but I know 2 many guys who have paid for wireing jobs that suck.

Took the windshield frame to the glass shop so that is now in work. Electrical is not a black art. Actually, with a bit of basic education it's really pretty simple. You have to run power to every load and have a ground return. Control the circuit with a switch or switch/relay and have every circuit fused so that a short won't start a fire. My offer still stands to all who are in need of complete circuit and wiring info. Send me a mailing address and I'll send a manual that I've compiled. It's composed of Excel, PDF and CAD files so it's not user friendly to all who might want it. Perhaps Mike can figure out how to make it available on line here.

While I consider myself pretty good at wiring, I'd like a copy too. I've made efi conversion harnesses and replacement engine harnesses to repair burned wiring, but I've never made a complete harness. It's always good to have more knowledge! I will send a pm.

Thanks for offering this to us...

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back