Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Show me your rear end.....

Coupefreak

'cuz I got some questions:lol:

I'm trying to figure out how to hang the rear end on my C-cab.
8.8" Ford, limited slip.
do the coil springs go in front, or behind the axle:confused:
I want to use coil shocks, but not coil overs.
does that make sense:think:

Vance

Don't use coil shocks. They are made to suppliment a regular suspension system, not to be the whole support. I know guys do it, but the eyes on the shocks are not meant to take the kinds of stress you will be putting them under. Seeing them on a car says the builder took the cheap route.

I had a '63 Pontiac that I built up and used coils overloads on the rear shocks to get some extra height, they broke with great regularity. Spend the extra few bucks for true coilovers and you will be done. Same goes for motorcycle shocks with springs......they were never designed for the weight of a car.

Don

Don Good advise coil overload shocs are made to handle 300 to 500 pounds that wont carry the load by it self Francis

One thing builders don't consider is re-sale. I know it's hard to think of selling you pride and joy during it;s build but trust me, one day someone else will own your car. I hate to say it, but the rod magazines do set the norn in our cars. people read them and expect to see certain features on a car. If they see something that's out of the box, the price starts to go down. A little extra money spent in the right places will command a better re-sale value.

Ron

That's an excellent point. Sometimes it's hard to be frank so we don't step on anyone's toes, but to be honest, when I see a car using some off the wall coil spring suspension my first thoughts are that the car is not well done in other areas too. I see them on Ebay all the time using motorcycle coils or shock overload springs, and that is the opinion that immediately hits me.

We just want you to do it right the first time, Vance. :D:)

Don

Here is the Dana 60 in the blown car. In the garage in the back ground is the tub with an S10 read end.. Yea what they said use coil overs.
newtfinished2-1.jpg

Y'all don't worry about hurting my feelings, I'm an old Marine:lol:

I want to do it right the first time, and I appreciate every bodys help and guidance.:cool:
one thing my Pappy taught me, before he left this crule world, was to learn something new every day, then pass that knowledge along;)

Thanks guys for the input.

Vance

Hope this might help,'27 roadster...8" mustang rear.
100_0879.jpg

Track-T said:
Hope this might help,'27 roadster...8" mustang rear.
100_0879.jpg

Thanks for the picture, that helps me out.

looks like your side-kick found a shady spot:lol::D:lol:

Vance

Like I said before Tbucit...WOW!!!!

Ron

No problem Randall, your welcome. To post your photobucket pics; instead of copying the direct link, use the IMG link then your pics will show up. Try it in a post then preview to see if it will show up.

Sweet looking bucket. :cool:

Al, your hotrod is drop-dead gorgeous, except for one thing. Those Mickeys are too trendy for the rest of your look. Get some Hoozers!!

Lee_in_KC said:
Al, your hotrod is drop-dead gorgeous, except for one thing. Those Mickeys are too trendy for the rest of your look. Get some Hoozers!!

When they wear out, I'll take a look at them Hoozers... but as you can see, they really go with my front tires (Metzler ME880)

CovingtonCarShow-1.jpg

Here's mine :D

ArtinthePark54005.jpg

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back