Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

slowly makin' progress

Coupefreak

I was PM'in with RocknT, and he asked about my C-cab progress, so I decided to post a couple pix of what I've been up to.:surprised:

cowl1.jpg

I patched a couple bullet holes in the cowl, came out pretty good.

after a trip to town, and a stop at Harbor Freight, I came home with a pneumatic punch/flanger;) so I decided to try my hand at rust repair. I didn't take a before picture, but here is an after shot.
patch1.jpg

not too bad, for a beginner:lol:
patch2.jpg

tomorrow I'll tackle the drivers side.
rust2.jpg

I had to laugh when I saw you bumper sticker signature, "There is a fine line between hobby and mental illness." I love it. My family thinks I've crossed the line from hobby to mental illness.

Nice weld job, what kind welder are you using? All I have is a 110 flux core mig that I got from harbor freight. It's fine if you don't mind a little splattering. Nothing I weld looks that good.

The worst part of rust repair is gettin started. Your doing just fine. Tackle one spot at a time till you run out of rust. Pretty simple huh??

Ron

Oh, I would love to get my hands on that cab....:D That cab looks really solid for being an original Henry stamping.

jbisme, to help with the weld splatter you need to use an anti spatter spray. Now most of the stuff they sell for that is full of all kinds of nasty chemicals you really don't want to be breathing in when you weld over thought it. That and its not cheap... I found a better ansurer to the problem, and you most likely already have it, or your wife has it in the kitchen. PAM cooking spray! Spray the nozzle of your gun and your work It really cuts down the amount of spatter that sticks to your gun and work. The biggest draw back is that it smells like pop-corn and makes me hungry :D

bentbaggerlen,

(applause)

I'm hungry from reading about your welding :eek:.

Looking really good Vance !

Thanks Fellers, I appreciate it. :D:cool:

I have a Linclon Weld-Pak 100 110v mig. I use C-25 gas with it. works pretty good. built many a stock car with it.:surprised:
been watchin' them "Power block" shows, very informative.;)
now if Courtney Hanson would just stand there and not talk, it would be perfect:rolleyes:

Nice work Vance :cool:

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back