Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

So.... where to go?

fordsbyjay

After just reading the latest changes thread I hope Mike won't mind if I start a thread regarding where everybody can go. Where else is there to go? I have never like the ancient format of the NTBA so what else is out there?

Some of my T bucket brothern are on my www.facebook.com/fordsbyjay page so if anyone wants to stay in some sort of contact I wouldn't mind adding more friends.

I think a lot of us are using the PMs to give out their emails so we can keep in touch.

Just about the only thing we can do at this point.
Gerry

I started reading about tbuckets on the spirit tech forum and found this forum there,and there is still some traffic
on it BC runs it and post some on it,I still look in on it every week.

I can be found on tbuckets.us. Too bad this great site is going away.

Ron

I can be found on tbuckets.us. Too bad this great site is going away.

Ron
I, too, am on tbuckets.us along with several others from this site.

Jim

Yup..
Like Ron says... a darned shame this is going away but if this causes him that much grief, it seems like it's time for Mike to get some relief.

My son is big into the interweb. He's setup call centers for outfits with branches in Texas, China and India and stuff like that so he knows his onions.
He setup a forum for me before, if I wanted to run one.
NO THANKS!
Too many headaches to "dabble" with this stuff.
Mike speaks the truth about that, for sure.
If that's your passion or job.. great.
I'm in front of these things enough.

I'll just look for a new or existing place.
I won't have any money to put into the T for a while so funding a site is out too.

Like I wrote in another post.. most of you folks are A-number-1.
Thanks for all your time and info.

See you in the funny papers, gentlemen.

Joe

After just reading the latest changes thread I hope Mike won't mind if I start a thread regarding where everybody can go. Where else is there to go? I have never like the ancient format of the NTBA so what else is out there?

Some of my T bucket brothern are on my www.facebook.com/fordsbyjay page so if anyone wants to stay in some sort of contact I wouldn't mind adding more friends.

Sorry fellas, I totally botched the name of my facebook account after a recent change. It can be found at http://www.facebook.com/crazyjaysspeedshop . I will edit the first post to reflect that.

I suggested long ago to Mike to contact the NTBA and run their web site for pay. Not interested, I guess.

I have complained many times about the past-obsolete forum software of the NTBA, and I'm a past VP of the club. No changes yet, but I hear there may be a big change in the works.

Bucketheads just seem to be too independent to be organized enough to run a web site that comes up to modern standards, allows reasonable freedom, but is moderated vigorously enough to keep the fistfights down to a bare minimum.

I suggested long ago to Mike to contact the NTBA and run their web site for pay. Not interested, I guess.
That's correct, for a couple of reasons.

There is no way a car club can afford to pay what it is actually worth. I'm not going into my income specifics, but in the time it takes me to read an e-mail from a forum member who has forgotten his password, log into the forum, log into the admin control panel, change the password and e-mail the new password back to that member, I can easily (as in fall down a flight of stairs easily) earn $10. I don't mean to sound arrogant, but I turn down $60/hour contracts, all day, every day. Do you honestly think the NTBA can afford to hire someone like myself?

Secondly, I've never been one that is into clubs and organizations like the NTBA. I was once a member of the NTBA. For 2 years. The only "benefit" my membership offered me was their forum, which I have often stated is a couple degrees worse than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick. And while painfully navigating that forum, I witnessed enough snipping, snapping, sniping, snarling, bickering, bitching and back-biting to last me a lifetime. A couple of the more notorious NTBA "bubbas" registered for this site and apparently felt they could take over this site the same way they try to take over that site. They both found themselves on the outside, looking in, rather quickly. So you see, if I had anything to do with the administration of the NTBA forum, there would be some dues-paying members finding themselves locked out of that site too. Which probably wouldn't earn me any bonus points with the NTBA board members. :winkn:

I had a somewhat brief encounter with the NTBA a couple of years ago and thought they were pretty much a bunch of ............. oh, forget it, they're not worthy of further consideration. Well maybe a little.

I don't recall there were any outstanding cars in terms of imagination, creativity, style and certianly not in workmanship. Mind you, I didn't see'em all, but some of those I did see looked like lash-ups and not particularly road worthy. I called a coupe of them Roach Rods and I don't mean to insult roaches.

I've also flirted with a couple of other forums. I can be extremely nasty when provoked and I've advised more than one or two individuals if they want to match wits with me they would be well advised to have some. Those other forums were lillte than outlets for shallow dirty-mouthed idiots making stupid comments while hiding behind the annonimity (yes, I guessed at spelling) of the web.

The other item I should add is that I am not a joiner. I coudln't care less about a newsletter, a wallet card, a window sticker, a t-shirt, discounts on rental cars, hotels, pre-paid phone cards or a coupon for a five dollar discount on a three week stay in a condo in Calcutta.

Maybe I've become more spunky knowing this forum is good for another month.

Carry on Gents.

That's what I love about these United States of America, you don't have to join anything you don't want to and you still can talk against anything you care too.............

I try not to run down anything I don't like on the World Wide Web, I just leave it alone and let them do what they might want to do......... :soapbox:

Mike

I had a somewhat brief encounter with the NTBA a couple of years ago and thought they were pretty much a bunch of ............. oh, forget it, they're not worthy of further consideration. Well maybe a little.

I don't recall there were any outstanding cars in terms of imagination, creativity, style and certianly not in workmanship. Mind you, I didn't see'em all, but some of those I did see looked like lash-ups and not particularly road worthy. I called a coupe of them Roach Rods and I don't mean to insult roaches.

I've also flirted with a couple of other forums. I can be extremely nasty when provoked and I've advised more than one or two individuals if they want to match wits with me they would be well advised to have some. Those other forums were lillte than outlets for shallow dirty-mouthed idiots making stupid comments while hiding behind the annonimity (yes, I guessed at spelling) of the web.

The other item I should add is that I am not a joiner. I coudln't care less about a newsletter, a wallet card, a window sticker, a t-shirt, discounts on rental cars, hotels, pre-paid phone cards or a coupon for a five dollar discount on a three week stay in a condo in Calcutta.

Maybe I've become more spunky knowing this forum is good for another month.

Carry on Gents.

Well said that gentleman.
Gerry
PS can you send me some wits as I am getting a little short these days. Its the age thing Im afraid

If you can imagine, I was shunned by some members of a Scottish clan society, here in the States. They got their knickers in a knot, because I wouldn't join their "clan".

I tried to point out their wee club was just that and certainly not a clan. I tried to point out that since the 1746 Act of Proscription, the Scottish clan structure had been destroyed. I tried to point out that it is because of the blood flowing in my veins that I'm a member of that particular family, which has nothing to do with paid-up dues cards. I tried to point out that they were willing to accept anyone who could still fog a mirror as a member of their society, no matter the lineage of their family. None of it made any sense to them. Apparently dues cards are required for familial legitimacy these days. :rolleyes:

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back