Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Social network sharing

Mike

I've made the decision to remove the social network sharing buttons from the site. This has been done for multiple reasons.

First off, it did not seem the function was all that popular with our users. In the last 29 months, we were averaging just one Facebook share per month. Not exactly a lot of optimization leverage happening, was there? :rolleyes:

Second, I am looking for ways to remove any tracking that any companies or government agencies might be using against myself. And since I am not willing to eat my own dog food, I cannot expect any of you to do it. Screw Google, they already know too much about me, so by removing the G+ buttons, that eliminates one more tracking angle. Actually, this was my primary reason for the change.

And last, but certainly not least, there was no sense wasting page load time, loading in the Twitter, Facebook and Google+ images, on nearly every page on the site. This just lets us get a bit leaner and a bit faster.

If anyone is really that intent upon sharing a forum thread with others, then you will have to actually copy the thread URL and paste it to the social networking site of your choosing. And to be honest, I do not see the lack of convenience being any kind of a real obstacle to anyone.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back