Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Speedway Motors T bucket body, must be strong?

kev23t

I was watching a video on Speedway motors website of a blue t bucket they built. It has an opening door with bomber seats and no interior. It appears to have no reinforcement inside the body. Are they that well built that even with a door they need no reinforcement?? Anyone have any comments on Speedway bodies?

Show us a link to this video.And guys can usually judge just by looking at it if it has enough reinforcement.

This is probably the same car that I saw at Good Guys in Loveland, Colorado last summer. There, they had just the body and chassis on display in their booth.

That body isn't any stonger than any other chopper gun lay up. It would need reinforcement just like any other body.

Speedway doesn't sell interiors meaning they'd have to go to the outside to have an interior installed which would not only cost more but detract from the their marketing thrust.

Potential customers might ask who or where the interior had been done and any such converstaion would devert attentnion from discussing the point of selling the body, chassis and other components sold by them.

Did you notice in the video, the T didn't hit any bumps and didn't show the driver getting in or out of the car?

They didn't address the egress due to stress of such a test is my guess. Yes?

If you look at the other videos, you will see that there is a passenger door that is fully functioning.

Ted, does your car have a door?

I have used both of Speedway's bodies. the ''Deluxe'' body, with the door is thicker than the ''Standard'' body. It also has an extra roll added to the top of the rear panels from the door on the drivers side to the door on the passenger side. In my opinion, the reinforcment I add to the body, door or no door, serves two purposes. One is to stiffen the body and the other is to keep my upholstery guy happy. BTW he charged $200 more for one without wood in the body.

I have also seen the K&S body up close. They are very thick and sturdy, however I personally would install tack strips and total wood in the door area for an opening door.

My customers alway comment that they are happy to see all the wood. Again, JMO.

Ron

If you look at the other videos, you will see that there is a passenger door that is fully functioning.

Ted, does your car have a door?
No, my body has no doors, just a step away, they say.. hehe BUT!! now that I am old and grey, I am thinking of lowering the sides of my body and raising the rear section, more like a 1915 body... easier to step into... All the interiors built for my customers T Buckets have been drop in complete units, done by Boat interior shops... I love it when you can take two people and lift the whole thing out, makes for real easy maintenance of under car needs... Ride safe :laugh:

Does anybody even make a 1915 body any more.For those of you new. Here is a 1915 body lower sides and higher back.This is BlownT
Picture070.jpg
Compared to a 23
25degreesint002.jpg

Does anybody even make a 1915 body any more.For those of you new. Here is a 1915 body lower sides and higher back.This is BlownT .photobucket.com/albums/mm141/putz_04/Picture070.jpg?t=1268786465[/img]Compared b4degThat is a CCR 1915 body. Comes with no floor, firewall, or bed. Total Perf when they were in business started making a 23 Anniversary body that looks like a 15 body but is the bigger 23 body size. A 15 body is VERY tight, BELIEVE ME.....

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back