Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Spirit Bodies

bigfrank330

Good Morning

I have a spirit body

while initially mocking everything up I noticed two holes in the body by the frame at the front lower corners of the body
what have the Spirit owners done with those holes

Photos would be great

Thanks

Frank

Good Morning

I have a spirit body

while initially mocking everything up I noticed two holes in the body by the frame at the front lower corners of the body

Photos would be great

Thanks

Frank
Pics do wonders for solving problems.

Good Morning

I have a spirit body

Photos would be great

Thanks

Frank

If it is what I think you are talking about, this channels up to the back of the dash and is a good place to bring out the wiring. At least that is my plan. I guess you could clean it up a bit--put in a pvc conduit and glass it in then to clean it up--but it is out of sight.

Laugh if you want, but that's where the water drains out when I'm driving in the rain.

Also, my wiring runs out through those holes. I'll snap some photos tonight if possible.

even stock metal bodies have drain holes, and yes you can run the wiring in through these holes also, use a trailer plug (or 2) so you can dis-connect the wiring easy, make the hole as big as needed... an air leak is nothing to worry about in an open car. :) you will probably cover it up with the toe boards anyway, or carpeting...

I'm glad this got posted because I was going to glass over those openings. I just keep learning good things on here.

I talked to Josh at Spirit today

He said that when they put the insert into the body those holes get covered up

He also stated most people run their wiring through the holes
He stated that the water and elements are not a concern with the fiberglass

He also mentioned that some people cover the holes and some don't

Frank

"You got to use those drain holes a lot last week too!"

We certainly did.

Managed to stay behind the storms on the way there with a slight "wait it out" session somewhere near Dickson, TN.

IMAG0142-vi.jpg

Did get a sprinkle here and there on some cruises but the rainsuits that Nate and I picked up at Wallyworld kept us dry.

The ride home we stopped in Kentucky to keep from running into another big storm.

DSCF3834-vi.jpg

The blue tarp and bungees came in handy to keep the seat dry while we slept, so I can't complain at all.

Let me re-phrase......The inside of the body gets covered with the insert. The holes will still be there underneath. Some guys cover up the holes and some do not. Some guys use that for running wires. I think most cars have that even from other companies. You are actually the first person in a long time that has mentioned about the holes.

so am I to assume that all in all you guys are happy with these bodies?? I was looking at the spirit body with inserts and possibly the speedworld chasis??

I like mine, a really stout unit with the insert. I cut through the floor for my shifter and it was 1-1/4" thick(insert plus body floor). this thing is a rigid piece of work.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back