Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Starting a "C" Cab project

Bottom line you accepted the body instead of asking for a refund. If you are unhappy with an area of the body then that is on you at this point. Cut it out and redo it your way or suck it up and move on. Bitching about it will get you nowhere. Every sponsor of this forum including Spirit has been nothing but helpful to me. I myself have been put in my place on this forum and for good reason. I was out of line and I accepted it, apologized for it, and have continued to enjoy this forum as should you. These are good folks and good sponsors. To bash any of them here without attempting to remedy the issue with them first is in bad taste and of poor character.

So Smokey it is ok to mislead somebody............... told it was 1/2" owner says 5/8" in this thread but osb says 7/16....and I can't complain....that is why I see no value to stay on here....I was in business for 52 years and NEVER would tell somebody something that was not true. The printing on the underside of the body does not lie.
Don't expect me to cave.....Is not going to happen....I am just going to disappear. Now I know why a lot of the Hot Rods I judge at the many car shows I work are of so poor quality. My hot rods look the same right side up or up side down. Quality is important to me and that is what I pay for....not inferior products.
Don't appreciate lecturing to me when the evidence is obvious. So how many hot rods have you built? Misleading is called FRAUD and makes no difference if the product was accepted. You obviously don't have a clue about honesty and intrgrity in business.
So Long...

Moderator....you can remove all of my postings and me...I see no need to be here any longer! Remove this thread and the yellow t-bucket thread.

Nitro... Not sure why you are upset at the forum for an issue with Spirit. Yes they are a forum sponsor, but that's it. Fact is, if you are not happy with it, call Spirit. If you were that concerned, I would have wanted to see the product prior to purchasing. I did when I bought a body from them. I knew what level of quality I was getting for the price..

This is a forum for those that want to participate in it. If you don't want to be here, then don't. But your posts and threads will stay - that is a forum rule that you accepted when signed up. I'll be nicer that than Mike will be on this. Be warned, if you press it any longer, the Hounds of Lafayette will be released and you'll wish that you never signed up!

Finally, if you are still reading (which I suspect you are), there are lots of folks on this forum with higher to lower standards. There are some incredibly nice cars by forum members and some really budget ones. Telling us how high your standards are and implying that they are higher than ours is a losing argument, and offensive to the forum members.

Happy trails...

Well Ben, I guess you just eliminated my need to say anything so I guess I owe you a thanks. Just have to believe that "the man behind the curtain will roar before next full moon." And I do enjoy seeing him do that occasionally! Thanks for stating what need to be said.

George

As to Nitro...I really think you are missing a good chance of meeting a great group of people here with like interest that will go out of their way to help or advise you in anyway they can. Now if in fact you do build much nicer cars then the folks here then perhaps you are in the wrong place as their standards and cars might not rise to the caliber that you demand in people. If that's the case then I would encourage you to look elsewhere for a forum that meets those high standards of craftsmanship and quality that seem to be so important to you. When and if you find paradise I would appreciate it if you would be so kind as to come back here and notify us lower caliber folks of your new friends so that we can come read their post and be envious of such a concentrated group people of quality like you are. And if by chance paradise doesn't really exist then I suppose you could come back here and pass on some of your vast knowledge and talent to the rest of us mere mortals. No matter what you do, I think you need to take your rant and dissatisfaction straight to the horse's mouth and deal with it in a professional way as you have in the past 54 years.

Have a nice day!

George

Just for s***s & grins, I went back an re-read the Yellow T Bucket build thread (without the rose-colored glasses). I see a pattern.

Reactions: RPM
Just for s***s & grins, I went back an re-read the Yellow T Bucket build thread (without the rose-colored glasses). I see a pattern.
I am not going to take sides here. I can understand his concern with 7/16 osb flooring. It may be fine laminated, but I wouldn't personally choose that material. I would do my homework prior to choosing a body. He should deal with Spirit directly, business-MAN to business-MAN, not on a public platform. Give them a chance to rectify it. Now if he did that and was treated unfairly, that's a different ball game. Just my .02 as a business owner and sometimes disgruntled customer. I don't understand bashing the forum or fellow members, that won't help anything.

With a large flat floor, even made from 5/8" wood backing, I would expect the floor to need additional support in the form of multiple frame mounting tabs and added internal crossmembers etc.
I would also plan to have the body lay directly on the frame, with just webbing for a cushion instead of being suspended above the frame using rubber mount points and thus having focused stress points in those areas alone.

Maybe I'm overkill, I don't know, but even basic bucket bodies require "wooding out".
Why would this much larger and taller body not require even more?

In my opinion, the onus is on the builder to design in a correct mounting/structural system for support and for correct seat belt attachment etc on a body like this. Too many variables to expect the supplier to handle it.

I'd just build my mounting system and add additional internal support where I thought it was required, same as I would in any glass body.

Seems like a cool body for that price to me!

I am not going to take sides here. I can understand his concern with 7/16 osb flooring. It may be fine laminated, but I wouldn't personally choose that material. I would do my homework prior to choosing a body. He should deal with Spirit directly, business-MAN to business-MAN, not on a public platform. Give them a chance to rectify it. Now if he did that and was treated unfairly, that's a different ball game. Just my .02 as a business owner and sometimes disgruntled customer. I don't understand bashing the forum or fellow members, that won't help anything.

Actually my post was not in reference to his problem with Spirit. There are other issues in this thread that also appear in the build thread. Won't detail them here because anyone interested will read it for themselves. Absolutely agree with you on this not being the platform for a business complaint. However, when OP chose this platform, all of his statements become open to the scrutiny of others.....be it a business complaint or braggadocio.

I'm a big supporter of Bob and Josh as well as the rest of the guys at Spirit. My only observation with his response about OSB is the print on the OSB sure does show up nice to be coming through all the glass and resin covering it.

I'm a big supporter of Bob and Josh as well as the rest of the guys at Spirit. My only observation with his response about OSB is the print on the OSB sure does show up nice to be coming through all the glass and resin covering it.
That same thought crossed my mind, but he (nitro) did state that it was on the bottom. I don't know if Spirit glasses the bottom or not. Either way, it should be handled between the buyer and seller in private as opposed to a public character assassination as it seems to have become and it doesn't end with Spirit. What does the forum have to do with it? The basic complaint is over a sheet of plywood and imperfect finish, from my brief view of it.(I am not taking sides and have no horse in this race) That can be resolved. I have no problem with others opinions on this. Once he (buyer) decided to air his laundry, it's fair game. I don't visit this site for that type of stuff. In fact: the absence of it, is in my opinion a positive point of separation from some other forums I have viewed and chosen not to participate in. I see it this way: if there was a legitimate issue, I believe from years of doing business, that Spirit would have at least tried to resolve it if properly confronted to avoid this exact issue, or they wouldn't still be in business. There is no free lunch. You get what you pay for and from what I understand, this was a relatively inexpensive (not the highest priced) body. Again, I was not there, but Nitro will not get anywhere by attacking Spirit's reputation. Just deal with it directly, learn from the experience, and move on. To be clear: I wish they would work it out and both be happy, Just stating my opinion from a spectators point of view.

Actually my post was not in reference to his problem with Spirit. There are other issues in this thread that also appear in the build thread. Won't detail them here because anyone interested will read it for themselves. Absolutely agree with you on this not being the platform for a business complaint. However, when OP chose this platform, all of his statements become open to the scrutiny of others.....be it a business complaint or braggadocio.
Mountainman: I was referring to Nitro bashing the forum and others, I just sort of jumped in and replied to your post!

So Smokey it is ok to mislead somebody............... told it was 1/2" owner says 5/8" in this thread but osb says 7/16....and I can't complain....that is why I see no value to stay on here....I was in business for 52 years and NEVER would tell somebody something that was not true. The printing on the underside of the body does not lie.
Don't expect me to cave.....Is not going to happen....I am just going to disappear. Now I know why a lot of the Hot Rods I judge at the many car shows I work are of so poor quality. My hot rods look the same right side up or up side down. Quality is important to me and that is what I pay for....not inferior products.
Don't appreciate lecturing to me when the evidence is obvious. So how many hot rods have you built? Misleading is called FRAUD and makes no difference if the product was accepted. You obviously don't have a clue about honesty and intrgrity in business.
So Long...

Moderator....you can remove all of my postings and me...I see no need to be here any longer! Remove this thread and the yellow t-bucket thread.

And this is what T-Test says---

The FRAUD is on YOU, when you 'IN PERSON' picked up the product YOU purchased and ACCEPTED it.

You will remain on the Forum until it dies so we can talk about how you would never tell someone something that was not true. Show me a man that never lies and he will be in a casket. Don't know if Spirit glassed the bottom, I suspect they do,[ and your pictures do not reflect that], as most of us do to seal it tight and to FINNISH off the bottom.White lies and omission are the same. Integrity my ass.

I think lot of these comments are pretty tough to judge when you don't know the person. Maybe he was thinking he would be out his deposit if he didn't take the body. Most places don't refund deposits especially on special orders. He lives in Il and drove to Ark to pick it up so now he has time and money invested in what he considers a turd. I feel for the guy because I have been in the same situation, special ordered and kept crap that was not as advertised just so I don't have to argue with people to try and make a return. Sorry, but the pictures speaks a thousand words. The floor is not built as advertised and stated in this thread. Right or wrong that's a fact jack. And for that matter he might have not even noticed the floor was 7/16 till he got home. I don't know how many times I have bought a car and then noticed all kinds of things over the next few days that I never noticed during the purchase. Spirit does make some really nice cars but apparently they have some room for improvement in a few areas (just like all companies do).

I think lot of these comments are pretty tough to judge when you don't know the person. Maybe he was thinking he would be out his deposit if he didn't take the body. Most places don't refund deposits especially on special orders. He lives in Il and drove to Ark to pick it up so now he has time and money invested in what he considers a turd. I feel for the guy because I have been in the same situation, special ordered and kept crap that was not as advertised just so I don't have to argue with people to try and make a return. Sorry, but the pictures speaks a thousand words. The floor is not built as advertised and stated in this thread. Right or wrong that's a fact jack. And for that matter he might have not even noticed the floor was 7/16 till he got home. I don't know how many times I have bought a car and then noticed all kinds of things over the next few days that I never noticed during the purchase. Spirit does make some really nice cars but apparently they have some room for improvement in a few areas (just like all companies do).
There sure seems to be some discrepancies related to the floor, now the floor test? I asked if Spirit glasses the bottom in the "floor test" thread, but haven't heard their response yet. Per Nitro, they don't. I don't know, but if the pics are actually of the floor as stated, I agree that he has a valid point. If it is the case, did Spirit intend to use the 7/16 or was it a mistake, or what? They claim that's not the case in this thread and most say that Spirit has quality products and are fair. Maybe Nitro just over reacted. Who hasn't done that? With the long drive, expecting it to be ready to load, etc...Whether he was right or wrong, I can see being aggravated. It's hard to say for sure without actually being there, but I think they could work something out. It is almost Christmas. lol! From viewing the yellow t-bucket build: It's obvious that Nitro does quality work and has high expectations. It's not hard to imagine being disappointed if all is as stated. As for either party, everyone has a bad day. Maybe the planets just weren't aligned or whatever. Was it a full moon? I still think it needs to be handled between the vested parties. I hope they get it figured out and Nitro starts building it so we can have something else to talk about!:D

Fletcherson it's my bad. Josh asked me what size wood we use and I said 5/8 without thinking I was busy when he asked and was not aware of this Huge controversy at the time. We have always used the same product in the C cab 7/16 and have had no issues. We put down the wood as a base then glass over the top of it into the sides for strength. We then bond a fiberglass insert into the body and onto the floor. We also glass a fiberglass trans tunnel to the floor. The floor is not flat but rather follows the shape of the kickup in the frame for added strength. Racenitro had issues before he even came into the building starting with the guys out side on break. If Racenitro has decided he can't affort the C cab or no longer wants it he has the option to return it. I just looked at our description of the C cab and all it says is that the floor is installed so I don't think there was any attempt to mislead to make the sale. http://shop.spiritcars.com/body-fiberglass-parts/23-c-cab-delivery.html We have had C cabs on the road for some time and I do not foresee a change in the build strategy because of strength. We are doing a water test to check for durability but looking at cars that have been out there for some time I don't see a problem with the way we do it but we will look into it closer. Racenitro managed to insult everyone he came in contact with here at Spirit although all the guys managed to maintain a professional attitude and I commend them for that as some of them read this board and I want to make sure they know we are thankful for them. Merry Christmas. P.S. I will be posting the water test in the body section of this forum.

Fletcherson it's my bad. Josh asked me what size wood we use and I said 5/8 without thinking I was busy when he asked and was not aware of this Huge controversy at the time. We have always used the same product in the C cab 7/16 and have had no issues. We put down the wood as a base then glass over the top of it into the sides for strength. We then bond a fiberglass insert into the body and onto the floor. We also glass a fiberglass trans tunnel to the floor. The floor is not flat but rather follows the shape of the kickup in the frame for added strength. Racenitro had issues before he even came into the building starting with the guys out side on break. If Racenitro has decided he can't affort the C cab or no longer wants it he has the option to return it. I just looked at our description of the C cab and all it says is that the floor is installed so I don't think there was any attempt to mislead to make the sale. http://shop.spiritcars.com/body-fiberglass-parts/23-c-cab-delivery.html We have had C cabs on the road for some time and I do not foresee a change in the build strategy because of strength. We are doing a water test to check for durability but looking at cars that have been out there for some time I don't see a problem with the way we do it but we will look into it closer. Racenitro managed to insult everyone he came in contact with here at Spirit although all the guys managed to maintain a professional attitude and I commend them for that as some of them read this board and I want to make sure they know we are thankful for them. Merry Christmas. P.S. I will be posting the water test in the body section of this forum.
Hello B.C., As I stated to Racenitro, this is not my business. I also suggested to him to deal with you directly in private, not on here. I was not questioning your or Spirit's integrity or that of the car and stated that and the fact that I didn't have any experience with Spirit to use as a base line to judge. I just got sort of wrapped up in the conversation. I figured that the wood was used for more of a form for the glass and required or allowed for modification and reinforcement to suit the needs of the particular project. I asked if Spirit glassed the bottom because someone else on this post questioned (and I wondered) why the lettering on the osb was so clear and didn't appear to have glass over it, if it was indeed on the car body. Racenitro said no. It was just due to my curiosity and a sort of a sniff test of the statements on this post. I base my opinion of osb on my experience with it in the building trade and it's exposure to moisture. To me: 7/16," 15/32," 1/2" is pretty much 1/2" and doesn't matter much when used for sheeting on a house. I mean no offence to either party, or anyone viewing this thread for that matter. I just gathered from seeing Spirit's products and reading everyone's favorable opinion of Spirit that something wasn't right. I also viewed Racenitro's build thread and he seems to be a talented, knowledgeable guy. It just didn't add up. I don't know either party, and have had no Known contact with either prior to this post. I also cannot offer an explanation or excuse for Racenitro's attitude or state of mind, whatever it was, while interacting with you or Spirit, I wasn't there and don't know the man. I just know that it's never good to part ways as enemies; Life is too short. If nothing else, this gives a opportunity to thoroughly describe the C-Cab and demonstrate Spirit's character. I am interested in the floor test and look forward to seeing the results. It may give me a new found respect for osb for more than building houses and such! I hope I didn't cause anyone any more grief!

racenitro is gone and away. My sincere apologies for missing his impetuous rants and temper tantrums.

@fletcherson - I can remove his rants from your profile page, if you like. Let me know.

I really cannot understand these kinds of people. If he felt he had a problem with Spirit, then why didn't he take the matter up with Spirit? What was to be gained by airing his dirty laundry here, then teeing off on people who held a differing opinion.

And since we all know he is still perusing the forums, I want everyone, including him to see this.

racenitro made two donations to the forums. He donated $10 (less a 59¢ processing fee, for a net $9.41) on 19 January 2014, and a second donation, of the same amount, on 22 March 2014. Those donations came to a total of $18.82, which I have cheerfully refunded to him.

racenitro.jpg

And I have binned his forum account.

Now we all know that this prat has yet to reach the end of his wee temper tantrum, so he will now doubtless be adding me to his hate list (move over, @B.C. :), make room for me), but there is the proof that he is getting his skirts up over his arse for no reason. He asked to be removed, so I complied. I also refunded any money he ever donated to the site. I'm certain I will still be the arsehole for binning him, but had I realized this nonsense was happening, he would have been gone before this.

Again, I apologize for him pissing all over everyone and everything. Let me know what I can do to clean up his mess, and I will get on it, as quickly as possible. In the future, if someone starts this kind of nonsense, click on the Report link, in the bottom of the post, so I will catch up to what is happening, before it gets so far out of hand.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back