Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

steel '21 T roadster

Hi Ron, I sure wish I lived closer to you. Working with metal is what my lively hood is. This is the stuff I love to do the best. Lately, I've been telling guys not to chop the tops on their cars. It takes work away from me, but that's how I feel. I love to work with old tin. Neat project.

It's so cool to see what's hidding in a piece of metal.

Ron

Ron,

I like the direction you're heading in with this one, please keep posting progress.

Bruce

Very nice Ron :hoist:

I took some time away from my shop work this weekend to fill the unwanted holes in the firewall. I left the holes for the coil box for now. The plan is to run my switches in a stock coil box and gauges in the dash.

I looked through my parts bin and came up with enough pieces to put this 7" windshield together. Looks kinda cool but I also have stock one that came with the body. Maybe chop 2" out of the top and bottom halves so I can run it either with the top half up or down. i also have a pair od '25 posts that would look good chopped 6" or 7", kinda like the "Isky" T.

003.jpg

More later,
Ron

Ron

Sorry dude but its just got to be Fad' ed. A real steel Fad would be a first these days. JMHO
G

Ron

Sorry dude but its just got to be Fad' ed. A real steel Fad would be a first these days. JMHO
G

I don't really know how to resond to this. Plans are to build it as a mid-'30s hot rod. If this dosen't fit here I will stop posting it's progress. This T WILL NOT be a rat rod rather a trip back in time to the roots of Henry's fabulous "Tin Lizzie" as rod fodder.

I'll wait for a show of hands on the future of this car here before continuing.

Ron

I don't really know how to resond to this. Plans are to build it as a mid-'30s hot rod. If this dosen't fit here I will stop posting it's progress. This T WILL NOT be a rat rod rather a trip back in time to the roots of Henry's fabulous "Tin Lizzie" as rod fodder.

Ron
Ron,
The direction of your build was laid out in the begining, Don't let a couple of "Dude" comments interupt my reading and picture looking. Thanks.........Ron

Ron,
The direction of your build was laid out in the begining, Don't let a couple of "Dude" comments interupt my reading and picture looking. Thanks.........Ron
Ron do her the way you said you were.

Ron

Hey
Ron

No offense meant. The Fad comment was lounge in cheek. Any T is OK with me. The dude thing was also TIC
G

Sorry about the pout yesterday. Guess I was a bit thin skinned. Thanks for the support. The end.

Ron

Found this '29 chassis on Craig's list last week. Friday we went to pick it up. I think I found a good one. Motor looks to have been well maintained. Oil looks fresh with no metal in it. distributor has fresh points in it and plugs look almost new. Brakes work and tires hold air. All for $575. Gonna leave it all together and get it running first, then start cuttin and dicing.

002-1.jpg

The front axel assembly is from a '41 Ford. Nice bonus with the chassis. Found a buyer for the spindles ($185), backing plates and drums ($150) today. So I have $240 in the chassis. :hooray:

Ron

Found this '29 chassis on Craig's list last week. Friday we went to pick it up. I think I found a good one. Motor looks to have been well maintained. Oil looks fresh with no metal in it. distributor has fresh points in it and plugs look almost new. Brakes work and tires hold air. All for $575. Gonna leave it all together and get it running first, then start cuttin and dicing.

002-1.jpg

The front axel assembly is from a '41 Ford. Nice bonus with the chassis. Found a buyer for the spindles ($185), backing plates and drums ($150) today. So I have $240 in the chassis. :hooray:

Ron
Nice pick Ron.Cant wait to hear it run.

Looking good Ron :hoist:

I'm starting a project that is probably going to be a little more hot-roddy, but the basics are the same, so please keep the pics and comments coming. Next T is going to be steel.

Jeff

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back