Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

strech body frame

lsknives

Do you lengthen the frame for your extended body? Have your frame plans and was wondering if I need to lengthen frame and how much

#1 call Jerry at CCR

#2 have the body on hand before building frame--no 2 bodies/manufactures are alike

Very sound advice, T-Test.

Jim

I also have ccr plans. I want a 10" stretch body so I added 10" to main frame rails.

Because I needed the extra room for the 10" stretch body. If I hadn't added the 10" my body never would have sent on my frame without sliding the body rearward through the fear kickups..

I was going to install a stretched body on my frame to get some leg room. I decided against it after seriously considering all of the mods required for my particular car as the lift bars are located from the cross member, I would have had to redesign the entire rear suspension. Anyways, Ron, from rpm was helpful to me with information on the frame mods required for a body that he sells. You may reach out to him. No offense to any other builders, I just happened to talk to Ron.

I was going to install a stretched body on my frame to get some leg room. I decided against it after seriously considering all of the mods required for my particular car as the lift bars are located from the cross member, I would have had to redesign the entire rear suspension. Anyways, Ron, from rpm was helpful to me with information on the frame mods required for a body that he sells. You may reach out to him. No offense to any other builders, I just happened to talk to Ron.
Where my body came from

Because I needed the extra room for the 10" stretch body. If I hadn't added the 10" my body never would have sent on my frame without sliding the body rearward through the fear kickups..

Okay. Fair answer. Now, take a look at the front end of most T Buckets. See that empty area between the radiator and the front cross member? That's usually about 8"-10". So, if you moved the radiator to the rear edge of the cross member, along with the drive train, that's your 8"-10". There's no need to lengthen the frame.

On a side note, I always wondered why that empty space was there. Never mad sense to me.

114_zpsxr2hvcp2.jpg
not very long at all..

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back