Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Sunshade

CAB

I've seen a couple buckets with sunshades, not a full top with back and sides, appeared to be custom made. Anyone aware of any available kits out there?

That's one of the two that I have seen. I like that design alot. I have a nice top made by Jim at Wintec, but with no door it's hard to get in and out of. Plus the car drives much better without it. The summer sun is brutal, a sunshade like this one would great. Think he makes them for sale?

final_451708115[1].gifI made this on my Bucket first and ran it for lots of years until we changed the body and then built a full top.........

That's one of the two that I have seen. I like that design alot. . . . a sunshade like this one would great. Think he makes them for sale?

I doubt it, unless you are local (St Louis) and could go to his place for fitment.

I had a full top on mine for a few years. I liked the look and the fact it cut down on the wind noise and the wind beating the hell out of you! I don’t have opening doors so it became difficult to get in and out. Especially as this old body doesn’t bend like it used to! I ended up taking it off and getting rid of it. I was thinking about another one that would open up like a hinged cover but that didn’t seem too promising!!

Hey Mikey . . . you're going Hollywood on us with the fancy photo enhancements. Is that a mirage I see in the desert where you live??? :roflmao::laugh:

Yes ain't that purty..........I don't know when I did that for fun.............but I did it now, how don't ask me......

It's a little late now, but I wonder how an old Jeep CJ5/6 bikini top might work. Not sure how they attach to the windshield and you don't have a rollbar....

I recommend shopping around for canopy sewers, there is a big price variance where I live, and I’m a mile from a lake.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back