Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

T Bucket Build Thread

FordTBucketKid11

First off I wanna Give a Huge Thanks To Ron Pope Motorsports for sticking with me and putting up with me for these last 3 years.. I have bugged him to no end and he never once turned me away.. I am finally going to start building My T-Bucket.. Project Copper.. I am doing a 350 Chevy with a turbo 350 trans Short tail and a S-10 Rear end.. All the parts have been bought threw Ron.. besides the motor trans and rear.. Ron delivered are the parts to me today and I am already starting to build my front end.. I bought the speedway Book on how to build a Tbucket and it is helping out a lot.. Little Background on me. I am 24 years old I am a father and expecting another one in Dec. I have had a dream to build a bucket for a while know.. Yes I know I am young.. But hey.. Any one can build a bucket as long as they put there mind to it.. I will start off by putting pictures as the build progress.. Any input or anything to tell me how I am doing would be great.. Also any tips would be great... I don't know a whole lot so I will have a lot of questions.. Thanks and keep in eye out for this project..

I load mine to PHOTOBUCKET and they are automatically made to size. All I do then is copy and paste the URL and the posting is great.

Jim

I have a new build going it just made roller status from Ron (all of it will be his except the rear suspension amd body and bare frame). And there is a lot of pics just for this reason. It's titled "my new t bucket build" if you have any questions just ask.

And you will have a blast building it. I know I am.

I will be Posting pictures tonight when I get home.. I got the front Suspension Ready and installed.. Also I am doing the spindles tonight and probably the front brakes.. Waiting to see if I can get the motor this week that way I can align everything up..

Just my opinion bed looks a little short for gas tank. Better to check these things early. Nice looking body and frame

Just my opinion bed looks a little short for gas tank. Better to check these things early. Nice looking body and frame

I agree with putz...I have a short bed similar to yours and the tank ends up being too small. You may still have the opportunity to trade up.:unsure:
Looks like Ron set you up with a nice kit. Things look like they are coming together nicely. :thumbsup: Keep us in pictures.

I agree with putz...I have a short bed similar to yours and the tank ends up being too small. You may still have the opportunity to trade up.:unsure:
Looks like Ron set you up with a nice kit. Things look like they are coming together nicely. :thumbsup: Keep us in pictures.
That is a 20" bed there is plenty of room for a tank. I think it is just his camera angle.

Got the Spindles installed last night.. Took me a while to figure out how to install them but after talking with ron and looking at pictures i figured how how to install them and got right to it..

I wont be doing anything tonight as to we are going out to eat with my inlaws and the Goldwing Club.. Going to pay for the S10 rear end tonight and i will have that sunday Morning.. Then i can start mocking up the rear end and getting my brackets toghter.. I am going to go and get my 350 Block and mount it all.. Need to order the Motor Mounts from ron.. Everything is coming along.. Big question is How do i make shure the rear end is where it needs to go.......

Big question is How do i make shure the rear end is where it needs to go.......

Line up the rear shock mounts and panhard bar mounts? Eventually you are going to have to square the wheels to each other, not to the frame.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back