Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

T Bucket Build Thread

Most Buckets with an S-10 rear use a 3.5 inch backspace, but not all do. A good rule of thumb is you should be able to put your fist between the body and inflated tire.

Alright.. so i have my rear end at the welders know getting it done.. we tacked everything into place and he is doing all the welding at his shop.. Another questions i have is Does any one have a diagram on how to put the front Rotors on?

You mean like this one perhaps........................

715-1400.jpg

That is great.. That HELPS me out a LOT... Like You dont even know it..lol.. thiis to me explains a lot.. what other digrams do u have?

Actually if you go to google images and do these searches it will keep you busy for hours !

t-bucket frame plans
t-bucket diagram

Well i got the rear end all cleaned up.. took a wire wheel to it after i grinded the old welds down.. Cleaned it all up.. ready to mount the new brackets on and get it all lined up and stuff.. Also took the wire wheel to my transmission and it cleaned it up good to besides the small areas i could not get to.. I am reading up on how to do the rear end.. i have a friend coming over to tack the brakcets on and the he is going to take it and weld it.. I am not all that good with math so i am stuck.. but i am trying to figure it out.. this is my first hot rod i am building and hope i will do it right.. I will post pictures tonight of the rear end and trans.. Once i get the rear end all done what do i start with next?

Guys.. Does any one know what the measurments are for mounting the brackets to my rear end using coil overs? i used all of ron popes stuff?

Guys.. Does any one know what the measurments are for mounting the brackets to my rear end using coil overs? i used all of ron popes stuff?

Your killing me smalls !!! BUT at least your asking questions. There is not a set measurement for this..........................

Those 2 tabs just in front of your tranny crossmember, Bolt the bars to them. THen put the rearend on jackstands at rough ride heighth (you can bolt the coilovers to the top mount on the frame for reference to heighth). Bolt the weld on brackets to the bars then push the rearend tight against the brackets. Center everything then tack in place. Then center and recheck everything. AND recheck everything again...............Then weld in place. Weld the panhard bar on last.

REMEMBER THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS MEASURING TOO MUCH !!!!!!!!

Alright.. So i figured i would give an update since i havent in a while.. On sunday the 30 i sent the frame to a hot rod shop here in town who is highly recommaned here in town. They are going to be doing the brackets on the rear end. set the pion angle and also clean up my rear end and all. Other then that i have been working a lot and not doing to much on the bucket.. once the frame comes back i will then get back to work on it.. next thing to do is set the rear disc and calipers and then get it rolling..

Just thought I would give an update.. Went to the shop where the frame is getting done.. Going good.. everything is bolting up all he has to do know is weld it all toghter.. I ordered my wheels, going to get tires coming. Ordered a fuel tank, steering coulum, and a trans tunnel that way I can start working on the body know and setting in the floor..I cant wait till I get it back from there..

You might have the radious rod brackets on the rear end turned upside down. Having the strait bar high like that might give you body issues. Most all kits sold have the top bar of the hairpin inline with the rear end axle tube.

You might have the radious rod brackets on the rear end turned upside down. Having the strait bar high like that might give you body issues. Most all kits sold have the top bar of the hairpin inline with the rear end axle tube.

You are right, good catch. The radius rod brackets on the rear end are up side down.

The most important thing I see is the kid standing in the background. My son and I built the 32 in the avatar for him. We started when he was 13 and totally finished when he was 17. I would not take anything for the experience.

A quote from Chris Young song Flashlight.

"He'll never know how much he taught me
Out in that garage
And I guess the stuff that stuck
More about life than fixing cars
Cause till this day
I still can't make them run right
But I sure did learn a lot
Just Holding the flashlight"

A short Youtube of the first drive.

I watch the video of that 4000 mile trip with you and your son Daniel and dont think he will ever forget it. He was one happy man:)

I am sure he will not and neither will I. I could go on but it would probably get boring.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back