Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

T-bucket headers

GT63

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Does anyone know where I can find T-bucket Roadster headers that use either 1 7/8 or 1 3/4 tubes for a small block chevy?

tfeverfred said:
Speedway has them with those tube sizes. Here is a chart. This chart is for the classic style, but I'm sure it's the same for the sprint.

Small Block Chevy Classic T-Bucket Headers

Nope, the Roadster headers are part number CER100 and they are only 1 5/8" primary tubes. You can get Big Block headers in the larger tubes , but I want them for a small block. All the blower shops recommend them.

GT63 said:
Nope, the Roadster headers are part number CER100 and they are only 1 5/8" primary tubes. You can get Big Block headers in the larger tubes , but I want them for a small block. All the blower shops recommend them.

Sorry for the false lead. I didn't look close enough.:eek:

tfeverfred said:
Sorry for the false lead. I didn't look close enough.:eek:

No problem, I've looked at all the known T-bucket and parts sites online. I found somemade for a Sprint car but the measurement from the flange to the first bend is only 3.5 inches and for a T-bucket is needs to be about 14.5 inches.

Might have to build 'em yourself. Sounds like fun to me!

Ron

I think Sanderson will make you a set for about $400. I made mine 2" primary with a 4" collector and a straight thru 4" racing muffler.
newtfinished3_edited.jpg

might try dynatech.. they make a header for a roadster drag car.. they make custom stuff also..

Brucer said:
might try dynatech.. they make a header for a roadster drag car.. they make custom stuff also..

The problem with roadster dragster headers is the pipes don't go out far enough from the flange. On a T-bucket , from the flange to the first downward bend needs to be at least 11.5 inches for it to clear the frame and tie rods, etc. Most dragster headers start the downward bend about 2-3 inches from the flange. I did find that Hooker is the only company that makes a T-bucket header with 1 3/4 tubes. They come in chrome only and are about $1200 for the pair and that does not include the side pipes.

Sanderson would be happy to make them in AHC coated but they want about the same price and it would take 6-8 weeks to get them.

I'll keep looking, and in the mean time use the Patriots with 20" side pipes.

might give this place a call. on that webpage go about 80% down the page. New Headers

try here to Small Block Chevy Sprint - Schoenfeld Headers

if i just that big ol blower on my car, i think some of those zoomies would be cool.
if you dont like zoomies, i think i might would try rpm see if he would make you a set. those are different and look good also..

Brucer said:
might give this place a call. on that webpage go about 80% down the page. New Headers

try here to Small Block Chevy Sprint - Schoenfeld Headers

if i just that big ol blower on my car, i think some of those zoomies would be cool.
if you dont like zoomies, i think i might would try rpm see if he would make you a set. those are different and look good also..

Well I had the Sanderson Zoomies on it. TOO DANG Loud inside the car.

Switched back to the Patriot Roadster Headers with the 20" extension and 7" mufflers. Boy she sounds mean now.

How about the guy how made Weelstangs headers ?
headers.jpg

Yes Hooker but they ain't cheap and the mufflers are friggin HEAVY. I bought mine used from FP's friend Larry Campbell that is spending $100,000+ on a bucket that he's been workin on for over 10 years.

Also Schoenfield in Fayettville Arkansas will build you some sprint car headers fairly cheap. Think they will go up to 12" from the head out to the first bend. Standard sprint car headers are like 4" and that will put the headers into the T bucket frame and draglink. Don't think you need 14 1/2". Last time I measured 11"-12" would clear on mine. I have talked to Schoenfield in the past but have never had them build a set yet. Don't forget that is 12" to the START of the bend. The bend itself is about 4"-5".

T-Bucket headers arent hard; and Im no jesse james master bike mechanic and tv show host. Buy a box of J-bends, a hacksaw or sawzall a mig welder, a junkyard cylinder head and a pair of header flanges. tack everything together and take it to your local stainless stell fab or welding shop and you can find a guy who will TIG all of it for you on his lunchbreak for a case of beer or 100 dollars. Theres a sense of pride we all know in doing it yourself. Will they be as optimized as some of Lemon's Headers? no BUT even the pro's say its all a compromise. You can weld stainless too with a mig, even aluminum so get out there and start fabbing

The set I did I used some conduit to get the look I was after, mounted the flanges on the head and got to work. They were for a 468 vega and it took some doing but I was so damn proud of those. After I was done, I sent em to Jet-Hot and had em coated, then dropped one during the install...broke a chunk of ceramic off...dont do that

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back