Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

T BUCKET KITS

You can have your cake and eat it too. Comfort and T bucket never really went hand in hand for the taller Joe but now Wintec offers their Tub T and you can set your bomber seats for as much leg room as you desire. CCR has their stretch T as well as Spirit does too. Then for the really tall dudes and dudetts, the king kong for leg room is Ron Pope or the Herman body T.

Thanks again for the info. I'm 5'8 so a regular size T should be alright. I'm sure it will be more comfortable than the Harley I've been riding for the last 20 years. How does that verticle steering column work? It sure looks neat, but I was wondering how practicle is it?

I would not like the vertical column myself--I'm a fan of a more normal driving position (like EXJUNK's car).

The verical steering in my book is kinda no not kinda it is dangerous. It looks cool but steering at that angle is not natural. You see them with the domed steering wheel these are really hard to get used to no using your palm to turn the wheel. Also getting in one with the column in that position is a pain.JMO

Usually a vertical column is very uncomfortable for the second owner of the car. When you set it up you can build it to fit yourself. It dose free up space around your pedals.

Ron

I appreciate all the replies you guys have given me. I too am leaning toward the Spirit Kit at this time. The $8800 kit seems to contain everything one needs other than drive train and wheels/tires. I do have another question. I see pictures of bodies with strips of wood lining the inside before the interior is installed. Is this necessary for strength on all the bodies? Or what ever other reason? In the pictures it looks like the Spirit body is real thick and sturdy, where the Speedway body is real flimsy and would need some backing support. If one gets a body with a molded in floor, is that all that is necessary, or do you have to use wood to strenthen it? I guess I'm really dumb about this stuff!

The wood pieces are often used to attach the upholstery. Check my project blog for pics: http://www.tbucketeers.com/threads/big-redo-of-the-old-bucket.13677/

I haven't yet started on my longer t, but I can promise you that Ron Pope will be building it for me. I have already bought one fraom from him that he cut to dimension for me, but I had to sell it off before i could get started on it. He is a great guy and extremely helpful. He is probably one of the only few guys that will actually "talk to you" not down at you. Thanks Ron. Stoney Greenlee from Nashville.

I have either heard or recieved good service from all the sponsors. My biggest suggestion is to buy a kit with all the little doodads like windshield posts. These are specific to the body manufacturer or be prepared to do some work. Alot of these parts are considered universal but to me universal means " modified to fit". Take the easy route and get your parts from the same place.

I have either heard or recieved good service from all the sponsors. My biggest suggestion is to buy a kit with all the little doodads like windshield posts. These are specific to the body manufacturer or be prepared to do some work. Alot of these parts are considered universal but to me universal means " modified to fit". Take the easy route and get your parts from the same place.

That is very good advice.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back