Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

T bucket Modification

debgeo

Does anyone know of a person with a T that uses a wheelchair. I would be interested in how they fit it in a T THANKS a picture would be wonderful

Don't know of anyone. But these cars can be built with a receiver hitch in the back and then you could put a carrier in the hitch and haul what ever with them. Might need a stiffer rear spring, to do that.

Yes, I knew of one, but haven't seen it around for a few years. It was very well built and had a roll bar on it that he had fastened a tubular crane arrangement to. He used that to lift himself into the T. It worked well and he was at lots of runs for a few years. I got out of the cruise scene pretty much, so I have lost touch with many of those people and their cars.

His car actually didn't look any different from most, and the roll bar just looked like that..........a roll bar. As I remember he would roll up to the T, fasten a harness onto himself, and some motorized winch arrangement would do the lifting.

Don

well I don't now have the pics, but I built one for a guy in a wheelchair years back, we made the whole passenger side a fold down door/ramp. He just wheeled himself complete with his chair into the drivers area, two pockets held the wheels in place, then two simple locking fingers locked the wheels there, from the side you could not tell He was in a wheel chair, it did not have the high back with handles to the rear, it was a sports chair. The car was made just for Him to drive, but we did have a reciever in the floor to quick mount a bucket seat for another driver, like ME! when I needed to tune the car chassis...had hand controls on the column, almost like the old T stuff... plus regular foot controls.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back