Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Take a look at this.

VERY nice Ron, and certainly a bargain considering what all you get. You should do well with that piece, someone couldn't duplicate it half as nice for the money.

Don

Looks very nice is the gas pedal have a split at pivot point for indexing that would be nice? My pedal in my car is lokar that you can index at the pivot.Brake assembly looks great.
Putz

Looks like a usable assembly. I'm sure there is a market for it. Maybe another peddle pad for the non-rat crew.

Ron

Ron, It looks good and a great price. However, I think you overbuilt it. I would like to see one with a hydraulic clutch pedal.

Todd said:
Ron, It looks good and a great price. However, I think you overbuilt it. I would like to see one with a hydraulic clutch pedal.

I second that. I want to have a manual transmission in my next T. Spirit has a video of a car with a 4 speed. The builder uses a standard throwout bearing so he has a lot of rods and bell cranks that looks way too complicated. He did build it with the pedals mounted on a common pivot with the clutch pedal bent to the left for clearance. Looked good. I would like to have something similar but with a clutch cylinder and hydraulic throwout bearing.

der Spieler said:
I second that. I want to have a manual transmission in my next T. Spirit has a video of a car with a 4 speed. The builder uses a standard throwout bearing so he has a lot of rods and bell cranks that looks way too complicated. He did build it with the pedals mounted on a common pivot with the clutch pedal bent to the left for clearance. Looked good. I would like to have something similar but with a clutch cylinder and hydraulic throwout bearing.

It would be no problem to make a double set up. You guys let me know when you are ready and I'll build them for you.

What's that ratio? maybe it's just the angle of the photos but it only looks like about 4:1.

Strong looking unit though. Very nice.

Ron, Looks good to me. One thing, is there a way to put the pivot at floor level to minimize the size of the hole required inthe floor?

Just an Idea

Ron,

You got me thinking... (I know... dangerous) so I came up with this idea... this is not to scale or anything, just an idea and it might suck for all I know. The idea is to:

1. Keep slot in floor to absolute min.

2. Be able to use any after market pedal...

BrakePedalideaR1.jpg

So the concept is the "break pedal arm" (shown at bottom of drawing) is what comes through the floor. Slot only has to accommodate the width and travel of the break pedal arm. The bracket would be installed after the floor in in the car by bolting it with two or three bolts (shown with 3 bolt holes). The bracket is bent 90 degrees to provide a tab that any aftermarket brake pedal could be attached to... like a lokar for example... Just food for thought...

Re: Just an Idea

LumenAl said:
Ron,

You got me thinking... (I know... dangerous) so I came up with this idea... this is not to scale or anything, just an idea and it might suck for all I know. The idea is to:

1. Keep slot in floor to absolute min.

2. Be able to use any after market pedal...

BrakePedalideaR1.jpg

So the concept is the "break pedal arm" (shown at bottom of drawing) is what comes through the floor. Slot only has to accommodate the width and travel of the break pedal arm. The bracket would be installed after the floor in in the car by bolting it with two or three bolts (shown with 3 bolt holes). The bracket is bent 90 degrees to provide a tab that any aftermarket brake pedal could be attached to... like a lokar for example... Just food for thought...

I like it keep thinking. Good food there Al.

Nice fab work there Ron! Will send you a pm for an order when I'm ready.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back