Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Tank with sender

Johnny

I have looked and can find plenty of places to get a spun aluminum fuel tank, but I don't find any with senders in them or a way to install a sender.

Anyone using a spun aluminum tank? Does it have a sender? Where did ya get it?

Thanks guys

If you can hide that lower cone, and then run a drop tube from above, with a filter on the line, down into that cone, so as to never run out of fuel at low levels in the tank, on corners, etc. That would be a good deal... :) I use a sight gage in one of my tanks, clear tubing... from top to bottom...

I have a 10 gallon spun aluminum tank from Moon that has two fuel caps. We hung a sender from one of them.

Jeff

Tank.JPGHere is where I got mine from they can custom any options you want. I don't remember the web site but you can call them.​
The Buggy Shop​
In Business Since 1984​
1803 E. 4th Ave​
Hutchinson, KS 67501​
620-662-4557​

[attachment=5322:Tank.JPG]Here is where I got mine from they can custom any options you want. I don't remember the web site but you can call them.​
The Buggy Shop​
In Business Since 1984​
1803 E. 4th Ave​
Hutchinson, KS 67501​
620-662-4557​

I talked to these guys and I believe they will be my tank maker.

Appreciate the info. Love this forum!!

Look on e-bay for a gas cap with gauge for like a John Deere mower. Thats what I use, works good, get one that fits your top filler and approx. the same depth or maybe you will have change length to work.Then all you need is to glance and see how much fuel you have.

Got my 11 gallon spun aluminum tank with sender from The Buggy Shop. Looks great! Now, when I install the brass fitting to the aluminum tank should I use anti-sieze or just some sealant?

Thanks

This is from a man that works on washing machines he says aluminum to brass definitely needs something to stop corrosion. This is called

Galvanic compatibility of Brass to aluminum

link to page

Okay, it sounds like a no no. I see Speedway and I'm sure all the other speed places, sell chrome fittings. So, I will get chrome fittings for my aluminum tank.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back