Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

The excitement is building

Car cover next? Your garage is full it seems until you finish it and nothing left but tools and shop equipment..

I’m so excited for you! That is a great looking car but please put your rear tires on before you do anything! Lol. It might be fun to see how fast you can burn those rear tires through to the air!

This is the radiator shell I am using.View attachment 16029

Looks like a Track T style, I've seen some pics of some really sweet looking Track T's. It will be cool to see that style blended with a more traditional style body with a top.

I went with the '34 style after seeing this pic, (was originally going with the chopped '32 style) . . . . I just fell in love with the aggressive look it gave the car, . . a good match up to the 632 inch BBC behind it.

27 T-10cr .jpg

Here's the 34 style on an actual 34 style coupe:

27 T-10d.jpg

And the chopped '32 style, that seems to be the traditional option over the regular T style for the Spirit '27:

Blue 27 T r1.jpg

Attachments

• Blue 27 T.JPG
    Blue 27 T.JPG
    249.6 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Nice !!!

Looks like someone is NOT going to be getting much sleep for next month!!!

Ah, new pristine chrome and a very nice spring mount. And the backing plates just waiting for you to slide the calipers in...sorry, my mind wandered there.

I like that style of hardtop a bit better than the other one. Going to be a fine ride, and I am a bit partial towards that style of grill.

A little more progress made . . . .

I was able to get some help today from a couple of my geriatric friends, and we managed to get my handy dandy car canopy up and secured so I have a place to work on the T, and even though it has its own car cover, this will keep it and the whole work area much dryer.

I positioned the tent so I can keep vehicles around it so there's no easy way to get the T out of it, at least without a lot of effort and setting off all the car alarms.

Will try to see how it looks with its regular wheels and tires on it tomorrow if I can.

It's a pretty nice tent, has 2" diameter poles and 2 windows with mesh on each side and a doorway in the center on the house side.

Tent 4.jpg

Tent 3.jpg

Tent 2.jpg

Looks like you have an ample supply of rolling stock hanging around. Keep the wheels inside and locking lug nuts on the studs to make sure it’s harder to pull away! Also hide the hoist so your motor stays yours! Lol

Looks like you have an ample supply of rolling stock hanging around. Keep the wheels inside and locking lug nuts on the studs to make sure it’s harder to pull away! Also hide the hoist so your motor stays yours! Lol

I didn't even think to see if the gantry crane would fit in the "garage" while I had the help here to put it there easily, but it does look like it will fit OK, just a bit of a wrestle to it by myself.

I was going to see if one of these security cables would fit thru the slots of the wheels and secure each one to the frame:

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Master-Lock-6-ft-Steel-Cable-with-Keyed-Lock-8155DCC/202311744

I have one for the Harley, so if it works OK, I'll get 4 more.

Save your money , with the advent of cheap battery powered angle grinders , C ables ,locks and chains are worthless !..

I wouldn't think that on an small island (84 square miles) and a small populationm theft of unique items would be that big of problem. Maybe Darlene could give some info about that?

I wouldn't think that on an small island (84 square miles) and a small populationm theft of unique items would be that big of problem. Maybe Darlene could give some info about that?

In this case, it's probably more a way to prevent "joy riding" or parts theft, eh, Darlene?

That's not a 34 style coupe , it's a 29-30 3 window body. That's a great looking radiator shell. The 33-34 ford is my favorite body style. They had suicide doors. I think the curved ridge , located by the hinges , threw you off. My boss , "Leroy" has one , it's a sport coupe. I went on Bing & downloaded a bunch of pictures for him , burnt them on a blank cd & gave it to him. He smiled real big. I look forward to seeing more progress on your great looking project. Keep up the awesome work !

Adding some lock cables is more to make it harder and/or discourage the thief of opportunity, much like locking your car. If someone really wants something bad enough, locks won't stop them. I learned to stamp my birth day and year and last 4 digits of SS number where it isn't seen on expensive items.

The big wheels and tires on the silver truck have never been bothered though in the 10 years or more it's been here, so I guess folks generally have some respect here.

Thanks for the correction DonnyRay, I'm not very good once you get newer than a '27 lol

Anything that makes a thief "work" or will make noise or other wise get them noticed while he/she tries to grab your stuff is helpful. Even a small dog that barks is good ( Never mind the dog, beware of the owner! ) A motion flood light is also a good deterrent or a Ring door bell placed near by.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back