Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

The excitement is building

Thanks guys . . . . it's like being 10 years old on Christmas Eve again.

I was pretty impressed with the dyno run . . . 26 Hp over what it's advertised at, and how often do you see over 700 lb-ft of torque from 3K on up.

Hope my blown motor pulls like that! Good going Darlene.

Thanks ORF, it'll be time to start a build thread pretty soon now . .

Now with either enough cubic inches or enough boost, no doubt it will pull like that . . . of course if you're planning to run pump gas, the cubic inches option is odds on, the better choice . .

Impressive. I just wonder how much of all that power you'll ever really use? But knowing it's there is cool. Nice build coming along.

Can't wait to see the first launch vids. Be safe and remember, theses car drive you, you don't drive them.

Holly Cow, that's pretty !!!

What rear end you going to run in this beast?

New aftermarket 9" Ford with TruTrac, 4:86

Trans is a TCI Super StreetFighter, 700R4

As you can surmise . . . I don't have any Interstate hi-way here, so no consideration was given for economical cruising.

Just a question. Why such a low rear end ratio? With that amount of power and torque you could run a tall rear end and not notice the difference in performance.
I have around 1/2 of that and I configured shifter not to go into 2 or 1. Not needed with the torque and BHP available (425HP and 470 with 29" rear tyres) and kick down.

800 BHP and I would be looking at a Glide and 4.11s, maybe 3.90s for a quick ride.

Just asking, that's all...

Boy, you're going all out with that thing! You better insure it with Lloyds of London when it's done!
Maybe I should say "Girl".

Just a question. Why such a low rear end ratio? With that amount of power and torque you could run a tall rear end and not notice the difference in performance.
I have around 1/2 of that and I configured shifter not to go into 2 or 1. Not needed with the torque and BHP available (425HP and 470 with 29" rear tyres) and kick down.

800 BHP and I would be looking at a Glide and 4.11s, maybe 3.90s for a quick ride.

Just asking, that's all...

We don't have any real hi-ways here, so it's all about having fun with neck snapping acceleration from any speed, . . . The OD with the 4.86 comes out to a regular trans with a 3.40, so it'll still go faster than there's a place to drive it on top end.

If the 4.86 turns out to be too much of a pain, a set of taller gears could be in the offing.

I'm running the Mickey Thompson 33X22.00 S/R radials, so traction should be pretty good.

OK

Quick calc (6200 rpm, 3.04 ratio & 33" tyres)and that comes out to a top speed of 230+MPH. Mind you it is Xmas and the Merlot is flowing so I will have to check my figures

Quick calc (6200 rpm, 3.04 ratio & 33" tyres)and that comes out to a top speed of 230+MPH. Mind you it is Xmas and the Merlot is flowing so I will have to check my figures

Just a bit of quick math;

The tire circumference is 8' measured within less than an inch . . Probably a little more at high speed from centrifugal force expansion

But assuming 8' for some rough math,

5280/8 = 660 tire revolutions per mile

If we look for rpm at 60mph, (a mile a minute) then 660 tire rpm is 60mph

660 X 4.86 = 3208 drive shaft rpm at 60 mph

3208 X .7 (OD ratio) = 2245 engine rpm at 60mph

Using 6500 rpm as a reasonable red line then:

6500 / 2245 = 2.9

2.9 X 60 = 174 mph

Which is still way faster than you can drive a car anywhere here on island. . . .

I've tried with the corvette, (which handles exceptionally well by comparison) and low 130's for a few miles is about as fast as I've been OK with.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back