Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

The Fun Begins

VroomKrazy

After driving the T this summer I have taken it all apart to paint it. I should be starting Oct. 5 in the body shop. Today I have made stands to hold a pipe to hang parts, and modified a engine stand and made a new stand to hold the frame and rotate it. Now the fun starts.

IMG_0787.jpg

IMG_0788.jpg

IMG_0799-1.jpg

IMG_0800.jpg

VroomKrazy

Kinda jumpin the gun I know we have long winters but yesterday was awesome bucket weather. Our 6 months of winter will be here soon enough.

just a little. My Electric fan died and instead of replacing it for the couple of weeks I would get out of it I decided to paint the car.

VroomKrazy

Hehe, when we paint parts we call into play every ladder, rack, engine lift and anything else we can hang parts from.

Looks like you have the right idea. Now it will be all pretty when Spring comes around.

Don

tfrontspringpainting.jpg

tpaintingrearaxleandfrontspring008.jpg

trepaintfrontendparts006.jpg

And we even work in the dark by floodlights.:lol:

tframefinallypainted004.jpg

Don

Thanks for the pics, now I know how to paint the rearend. I have been try in to come up with a way and thanks to you now I have one. Just have to wrap the engine hosit to keep the paint off of it.

VroomKrazy

I also want to say thanks for the pics. That is an excellent way to hang the frame for painting. You wouldn't believe all the stupid concoctions I have come up with to do the same thing. Your way is the best.

Jeff

As of this morning this is where I am at. Everything for the frame setup for primer.

PA060001.jpg

PA060002.jpg

PA060003.jpg

PA060003.jpg

The plan is to primer today

Sand tomorrow

Paint Friday

Assembly on Monday

Hope it works

Also here are the new headlight mount all welded up.

PA070002.jpg

VroomKrazy

Vroomkrazy I will have to stop by someday . I moved from Green Bay I used to wire cars with a buddy 20 years ago.there is a bucket in Green bay that gave me the bug
kolby.jpg
kolbys t

Re: frame painted and a roller

Paint went on the frame on Friday. I spent the day assembling the frame in to a roller and brought it home. Can't wait to see the paint in the sun. It is Kona Blue off of the 2010 Mustang GT500s.

IMG_0805.jpg

IMG_0806.jpg

IMG_0807.jpg

VroomKrazy

Sweet, can't wait for daylight pics. :ciao:

I can't wait either. Can't seem to get any sun light around here. Well here are some more pics.

This is the engine and trans painted.
IMG_0816.jpg

IMG_0817.jpg

here is the body ready to go to the paint shop. Hope fully in a week or so it will go.
IMG_0818.jpg

IMG_0819.jpg

VroomKrazy

Got the engine and trans installed today.

IMG_0832.jpg

IMG_0833.jpg

The body is still in the trailer waiting to go to the paint shop. I go this Thursday to find out when we will start working on the body.

Nice looking frame. Can I see a closeup of the frame Z from the inside where the extra support is?

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back