Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

The "what's left of my build thread!"

As usual, Im a little slow getting around to my updates. Here are the last of the build pics.

This is the remote fill cover for the master cylinder. Its from Kugel Komponents. The remote reservoir is from a VW and mounts under the drivers seat.
101_0240.jpg

brake.jpg

This is one of the last pics of the chassis before the body went on for the final time. As you can see in the background, my shop was starting to look like a small nuclear blast zone. It only got worse after this pic. I was using every minute I had to finish and wasnt taking any time to clean the place up.
101_0241.jpg

The body is going down for the final time in this shot. Thats my Dad looking things over.
101_0254.jpg

The wiring turned out to be a longer job than I had planned. The automatic and manual controls for the air suspension added a lot of time. Keeping everything neat and hidden was a bear, too. The spiral wrap on the harness was a pain to put on, but it kept the wire bundles tight and compact. At times, I felt like I was trying to put 2 quarts in a 1 quart container, but eventually everything went in OK.
101_0263.jpg

101_0265.jpg

I used Molex plugs where I could to make service easier. The dash unplugs and comes out easily and that makes working under the cowl a lot better.
dash.jpg

Heres a shot of the finished cowl section.
101_0287.jpg

Last thing was the muffler inserts. I used the ends of an old 3 glass pack to make reducers. They fit perfectly into the expanded portion of the header extension right behind the header collector, so no hardware is needed to hold them in. The tubing is perforated stainless that I got off of EBAY. I wrapped the whole thing in fiberglass exhaust batting also off of EBAY.
They definitely mellowed the exhaust note down a bunch when cruising around, but sound off pretty good when you get down on it.
Muffler.jpg

Here are some final shots of the car in the shop. I still need to put a coat of bedliner on the floor and install the shifter and brake boots, but Ive been driving it every chance I get! Im like a kid with a new toy.:):D:D
101_0372.jpg

101_0374.jpg

101_0382.jpg

101_0388.jpg

101_0390.jpg

101_0391.jpg

101_0395.jpg

Well thats about it for this build. I may do an update later on to report on how the car is working long term. I dont plan any major mods, but a top is definitely going on. That will probably mean a windshield change too.
Heres a shot of just how far this project has come.
wood.jpg

I want to thank everyone that took an interest in this project.

Mike

Very nice build with exceptional attention to detail.

Jim

Mike, a job to be proud of for sure. I really do love the 3 2 setup and the 32 shell, makes it a perfect early type T Rod, I think I will go with tires a bit like yours on my next ride... Enjoy Her my Friend, She will bring you many places and new friends as well:)

great thread mike ... so glad you are here on the site ... happy trails my friend!!!!!!

Ron

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back